Current Sensor Replacement Times

Deliberate1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Friends, for those of you still waiting to get back your M9 body, how long has it been in Leica's hands. And for those of you who have it back, how long did it take. Mine has been in Germany going on four months. The wait has given me the opportunity to have a family heirloom iiic CLA'd by Mr. Yi, and then put some film through it. Took less than one week from mail to return. Just sayin....

Cheers.

David

Friends, for those of you still waiting to get back your M9 body, how long has it been in Leica's hands. And for those of you who have it back, how long did it take. Mine has been in Germany going on four months. The wait has given me the opportunity to have a family heirloom iiic CLA'd by Mr. Yi, and then put some film through it. Took less than one week from mail to return. Just sayin....

Cheers.

David

Send my in 28 of august, still waiting. :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm hoping something less than a year or two.

More serious reply, my two Monochroms went in on 5/21, still not back.

Eric

Is this for real. This is far beyond anything I experienced with Leica services. Have you received a link to their repair tracking site? I would seriously contact them!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

I'm hoping something less than a year or two.

More serious reply, my two Monochroms went in on 5/21, still not back.

Eric

Eric, did you send your M's directly to Wetzlar or through a Leica dealer. Mine went through Leica Miami where I bought it. Not sure that it makes any temporal difference, but it gives you a contact within the corporate structure for inquiry. I hope you have another box to shoot with.

David

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I sent mine to Leica New Jersey in late June. It arrived back Oct 3. I assume it was serviced there rather than in Wetzlar, but never got any status after they advised receipt. Leica US seems to have no on-line status mechanism. In any case, it was like new when it was returned.

• Like 2

Got this mail from Leica.

The repair duration of the cameras in the M-repair group is unfortunately rather long.

It is at the moment approximately 12 weeks starting on the date of order confirmation.

:(

• Like 1

Yes, it's real.  Sent in through the local Leica store in Los Angeles.  I have been told I am scheduled to get my Monochroms repaired when New Jersey receives the next batch of sensors.  No ETA has been provided when requested.  I wonder if one could make a diminution in value claim to cover 6 months of depreciation?

Eric

My M9 was sent to Leica by my dealer in Scotland at the start of August. Have had no communication from Leica or dealer so far, but emailed dealer last week for an update. They are waiting for a response from Leica. I'm getting slightly impatient now!

Robin.

My M9 was sent to Leica by my dealer in Scotland at the start of August. Have had no communication from Leica or dealer so far, but emailed dealer last week for an update. They are waiting for a response from Leica. I'm getting slightly impatient now!

Robin.

Perhaps every Leica retailer should have a 'Patience Meter' installed. Customers would have to submit to a test and only those scoring in the 'abundance' range will be permitted to purchase Leica products...

• Like 2

Perhaps every Leica retailer should have a 'Patience Meter' installed. Customers would have to submit to a test and only those scoring in the 'abundance' range will be permitted to purchase Leica products...

Unnecessary, I think. Those of us who decide to buy Leica have already passed that self imposed test. Though some of us overstate our presumed capacity for patience. As for me, I have spent time shooting my newly tuned iiic, a lovely mechanical device and a gift from my grandfather almost 70 years ago to his son, my uncle. Mr. Yi restored it to perfect working order. It feels lovely in the hand with a metal heft that belies is size. Subjects are intrigued rather than intimidated. And the "snick" the shutter curtain makes as the potential energy is released with the press of the shutter registers a 0 on the intrusion scale. "It makes less noise than a cell phone camera," says my wife. I smile.

David

Got another mail from Wetzlar yesterday:

• Looks generic, no personal adress, arrived precisely 11 weeks after order confirmation.

• They are sorry for inconveniences

• They have or had a bottleneck in spare parts supply

• They cannot confirm a completion date for my camera at the moment

• For every other question I may contact them.

Well, spirits remain high. :)

• Like 1

Today i recived this.

Dear Leica Customer,

Your M-camera is currently at our service center for an exchange of the

corroded Sensor. A shortage in the spare parts supply resulted in above average

lead times. We formally apologize for the inconvenience the delay of your repair

is causing. We ask for your understanding that we are unable at this time to

confirm a binding deadline for the completion of your service order. The Leica

Customer Care is working diligently on reducing the current waiting times.

Naturally, our team is available to answer your questions, we gladly

assist in the further course of your repair process.

:(