M240 to SL Upgrade Dilemma

Daniel Beacock

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I use this approach quite often with an M lens - PASM and fixed ISO gives a constant visual exposure through the EVF. I also learned recently that you can compensate just the EVF brightness in this mode as well, it appears as exposure compensation but it only compensates what you see through the EVF, not the actual exposure. This is very useful.

It also works with autoiso, if you want. I use it this way.

You dont have to press a button each time. Also I want to add that the viewfinderbrightness lets me judge  (even without the histogramm) quite good if the exposure is ok.

I have set up the right wheel on the top plate for exposure compensation and with exp preview combined my exposure is very very good/reliable.

I also agree the delay when using the M with EVF is not so great. My M is therefore mainly used with OVF, but I now use the SL much more often.

• Like 1

It also works with autoiso, if you want. I use it this way.

It only works with auto-iso and M-lenses until auto-iso hits the limits. Once the upper or lower iso limits you entered are reached, the preview is not correct anymore, only the exposure-level-graph [how is it called correctly?] in the EVF indicates over-or underexposure.

• Like 2