tashley

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sean--

I find that I ended up having done something similar to the suggestions you've made about these 35's: Indoor lens- 35mm f1.2 Nokton [used mostly between f1.2 and 4]; Outdoor lens-35mm f2 v.4 Summicron [still used at larger apertures a lot].

They seem to complement one another well and, to my eye, give a similar look at middle apertures. I would simply leave the Nokton on more of the time if it wasn't such a beast. I agree that the lightness of the f2 lens, combined with no finder obstruction works for most shooting.

Userful, readable, thorough review of real-world qualities and usability. Thanks

Cheers,

Norm

Sean--

I find that I ended up having done something similar to the suggestions you've made about these 35's: Indoor lens- 35mm f1.2 Nokton [used mostly between f1.2 and 4]; Outdoor lens-35mm f2 v.4 Summicron [still used at larger apertures a lot].

They seem to complement one another well and, to my eye, give a similar look at middle apertures. I would simply leave the Nokton on more of the time if it wasn't such a beast. I agree that the lightness of the f2 lens, combined with no finder obstruction works for most shooting.

Userful, readable, thorough review of real-world qualities and usability. Thanks

Cheers,

Norm

Thanks very much Norm. I just need to finish the OOF sections and some more illustrations and it will be all done. I imagine many people might use the 35/1.2 as an all-around lens if it were lighter and more compact.

Cheers,

Sean

Thanks very much Norm. I just need to finish the OOF sections and some more illustrations and it will be all done. I imagine many people might use the 35/1.2 as an all-around lens if it were lighter and more compact.

Cheers,

Sean

Perhaps all you need to do is to go around for a week using the Noctilux on the M8, like I have been doing and the 35/1.2 will seem light and compact. If ever Deutsche Post find where they have lost mine, I will let you know.

Wilson

Perhaps all you need to do is to go around for a week using the Noctilux on the M8, like I have been doing and the 35/1.2 will seem light and compact. If ever Deutsche Post find where they have lost mine, I will let you know.

Wilson

Hi Wilson,

I've done that, actually. <G> Hope they find your lens.

Cheers,

Sean