21mm Super Elmar Photos and Review

mikeamosau

I feel the same. This lens is incredible. I think it is the best of my set of lenses.

Regards

Steve

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

Thanks so much for taking a look Steve! 

I totally agree. The lens is amazing. I had been using my 35mm Lux almost 90% of the time and started to make a point of using this lens a lot more recently and I'm totally blown away with it. 

Thanks again!

Mike

Mike, a couple of really nice compositions there.

But the empty sky is a bit too dominant, for my taste. Some selecting dodging to bring out the foreground might really make the picture. Bring out some greys or whites in the buildings and trees, in the foreground.

All good, beat pics...

Have to agree, the 21 SEM is just a fantastic lens. I had overlooked it because it isn't "fast" and a pain in the neck to have to use the EVF to frame on my (former)  240, but I found one at a great price and was just blown away at the results I get from it on my SL. I even find it very usable for portraits in motion because of the massive depth of field, so long as subject are not too close and in the center of the frame. Love, love love this lens.

• 2 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Mike, a couple of really nice compositions there.

But the empty sky is a bit too dominant, for my taste. Some selecting dodging to bring out the foreground might really make the picture. Bring out some greys or whites in the buildings and trees, in the foreground.

All good, beat pics...

Hey David, 

Thanks so much for taking a look and your comments. I will try out your suggestions. I have been printing these images recently and working some of those sections more to get more out of those areas, so it was good to hear you suggest the same things. 

Mike

I very much like the Yosemite shot. I have a similar one but yours is better with the fog and and nice sky.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

Thanks so much Steve!! 

I got REALLY lucky that day. When we got up for sunrise, it looked really overcast, but when we arrived at Tunnel view, the sky opened up and the mist hung around until mid morning. I need to go back for the snow now!

Thanks again!

Mike