Plastic at the bottom of the M10

reddot925

There have been several threads about this already.

My first Leica was a used M9 where the plastic loosened after a while, and I was afraid the camera was about to be broken.  :p I pulled it off completely when I learned that this is perfectly normal. 

I will do the same with my new M10: leave it on as long as I can, but I will pull it off if it starts to loosen.

• 1 year later...

Mine had air bubbles underneath it out of the box, so it seemed obvious it was meant to come off.

Pulling it off was harder than I expected, but once I started, there was no going back.

I was surprised that the adhesive was as gooey as it was, but it came off by persistent rubbing with my fingers. 

Now it looks fine. I haven't removed the data sticker. Maybe someday, especially if it starts to look scuffed. I doubt I'll ever use this camera on a tripod, but if I do that might be a good reason to remove that sticker, which keeps the bottom from being perfectly flat.

10 hours ago, Neil Gundel said:

Mine had air bubbles underneath it out of the box, so it seemed obvious it was meant to come off.

Pulling it off was harder than I expected, but once I started, there was no going back.

I was surprised that the adhesive was as gooey as it was, but it came off by persistent rubbing with my fingers. 

Now it looks fine. I haven't removed the data sticker. Maybe someday, especially if it starts to look scuffed. I doubt I'll ever use this camera on a tripod, but if I do that might be a good reason to remove that sticker, which keeps the bottom from being perfectly flat.

If you have a CLA at Leica Wetzlar they renew/replace the clear sticker on the bottom plate. Why do you think that is? Not for you to pull off I would suggest.😁

Edited by pedaes
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Am 8.8.2019 um 23:18 schrieb pedaes:

If you have a CLA at Leica Wetzlar they renew/replace the clear sticker on the bottom plate. Why do you think that is? Not for you to pull off I would suggest.😁

Not true at all. Had both of my Leicas to Wetzlar and have removed the stickers from the beginning. Never came back with a new sticker.