Video Sound Issues

ivohula

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just tried using video on a brand new M240P and there is a strange noise in the recording.It is a steady hum.  It sounds like the mike is picking up the noise of an internal motor. It is quite loud to the point that you can not hear much audio of the scene. It is coming from the built in mike.

I looked at several posts on this forum from 2014 and there was a lot of discussion about poor audio and beeping noises during recording. Some attributed the problem to certain SD cards, etc. I can not find any definitive resolution of this issue in any thread. 

My question is whether such a motor hum is normal; is the camera defective; what has Leica done about it? I know the built in mike is poor and so on. But, I simply want to know if this is a defect in this model or is it normal? Is it due to the SD card? What do the members know about it? Was there a resolution since 2014? In my instance, it makes video with the built in mike useless for sound recording.

The built in mikes are almost always useless for sound recording. I hear no motor sound in my movies, but i hear the wind and any other ambient noise that makes the sound useless. You need an external mike if you want a good sound.