Faster way to match RAW colors to In-Camera JPEG?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi all,

I've just started shooting RAW lately, and I know I have to post process it in order to get it done.

And of course, there are so many possibilities to get if we are working with RAW files, but sometimes I would like to have my processed RAW images to look exactly the same as the in-camera/straight from camera JPEG.

What I do right now is to use the Reference View and try to adjust the RAW files to be as close as I could match to the in-camera JPEG. However, this takes a quite long time and still ends up different.

My question is: Using Adobe Lightroom, is there a faster way to match RAW images colors to match with the In-Camera JPEG color setting? I have heard a lot about the "camera calibration" feature in Lightroom, but it seems it's not available when the files are from Leica D-Lux 109.

Do you have any comments or experiences to share with me? 

Looking forward to hearing any thoughts from you guys, I really appreciate it.

Cheers!

Kafin Noe'man

It is good to read of your desire. For color fidelity, do consider buying a Pantone ColorChecker and view videos on its use. You can use one part for setting accurate white balance in camera on location. Secondly, you can shoot the other target to set up a camera or lens-specific profile in Lightroom which you can apply when importing new material.

Matching OOC jpegs can be done in LR by saving your favored rendering as a LR preset.

• Like 1