Otherworldly Quiraing sunrise, Isle of Skye. Leica S

Vieri

Well, I could say that you must be channeling David Lean and Freddy Young in the best way possible because this is so richly cinematic. You deserve an Academy Award nomination for your patience in stalking the golden hour of the day with your Leica. Edwin Church comes to mind in the grand landscape tradition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another 'gold star' photograph! Beautiful scenery and light.

Thank you very much Mark, much appreciated :)

I agree with Mark.

Thank you Stuart, most kind :)

Well, I could say that you must be channeling David Lean and Freddy Young in the best way possible because this is so richly cinematic. You deserve an Academy Award nomination for your patience in stalking the golden hour of the day with your Leica. Edwin Church comes to mind in the grand landscape tradition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you very much Ernest, I am humbled by the comparisons, much appreciated indeed! :) I am not sure about deserving Academy Awards for that, but definitely it takes some patience to do landscape photography... perhaps using a brush like Church would have made it easier (if I only could)! ;)

I was rather thinking of Andrew Lesnie :) (Hobbits)

Wonderfull moment, composition, etc etc. Deserves to hang very large on a wall. Doesn’t seem an easy print job however.

Thank you Otto, again I am humbled by the comparison! :) Yes, Skye's landscapes are definitely Hobbit-esque, or prehistoric, or magic... such a great place for photography! :)

I think that Ernest's point is so important.  It is clear that Vieri takes his time to find the best composition and has the patience to wait for the perfect light.

Mark, you just mentioned the two things that, for me, are necessary for a successful photograph: composition and light, pretty much in equal measure - the first, in the landscape, is in good percentage up to us (not as much as in the studio, of course). For the second we can be as prepared as we'd like, but in the end we have to make do with what nature offers us: very often we have to wait days for that perfect light, and even on a good day we have to be prepared because hen it happens it lasts for some very short moments... and this unpredictability is definitely a big part of the interest in landscape, for me :) 

Another wonderful image, perfect composition, cloud patterns and of course the light....'gold star' indeed. Also the foreground mountain slope (on the right of frame) 

retains just the right amount of subtle detail. 

Thank you very much indeed for your kind comment, I am glad you enjoyed it :)

Best regards,

Vieri

• Like 2

Yes especially in Scotland the special light moments can be very short. You can also have two totally different spheres and landscapes at the same spot in a few minutes.

It's the beauty of Atlantic weather, which I love :) I just came back from leading a Workshop One-on-One in Dorset, on the Jurassic Coast, and in five days of work in two occasions we had a completely differently looking sunrise and sunset in the arch of perhaps one hour... pure magic! :)

Best regards,

Vieri

• Like 1

Very nice Virie..............It sure helps shooting in Scotland :) :)

Neil

Thank you Neil, even if I am not sure who Virie is  :D  :lol:  :D

Seriously though, Scotland is wonderful, can't wait to go back next spring for more! :)

Best regards,

Vieri

Edited by Vieri