23mm Summicron focussing issues

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I recently got the lens and I have to say I am pretty frustrated with the AF a lot of times. Often the AF doesn't lock on to close to medium range objects/people, even in normal daylight (inside). Is it an issue with the particular lens, or the 23mm in general? Maybe the camera? I can't recall it happening with my Elmar T.

By the way it doesn't matter which focus mode I select.

Anybody having this issue with the lens as well? Any workarounds?

Edited by McGirton

I have experienced the exact same issue in focusing to small close objects and have had to focus manually. I have tired different AF modes with not a lot of help. I have encountered this issue mainly while testing but have not had real life scenarios where this would have been an actual issue.

Focussing beyond the 35cm min focusing range isn't my issue, sadly. It's beyond 1 meter as well. Today I was trying to catch my little daughter doing things and the focus ever so often left the photo way out of focus or missed slightly. Starting to wonder if it really might be an issue with the camera.