M-P shutter speed freeze and firmware re-update

colonel

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have this situation with my M-P 240

The on-display shutter speed changes as move the camera around but once I take a photo the display freezes at the shutter I last took it at.

i.e. the shutter speed in the display does not change, not what it actually takes subsequent pictures at.

When i switch it off and on the shutter speed moves like normal

Is this a setting (I have tried most) or is it broken and needs to be fixed ?

Is there any way of reapplying firmware ? some way to force it. It has 2.0.3.0 and if I try to update the normal way, to try and reset the firmware, it doesn't let me

thanks in advance

When that happens and you half press the shutter button does it resume normally?

Yes, everything is fine until I take a picture, then the shutter speed freezes until I switch it on or off

It doesn't matter if I half press the shutter button afterwards, it keeps the same shutter speed display

Some things can reset it when on, like formatting a card seems to let it move again

Edited by colonel

This sounds a bit like the exposure locking function.

Does the display in the optical finder display the dot which indicates that the EL function is being used?

Do you use your camera with a soft release button, and if so, does the problem persist without the soft release?

Have you tried resetting the camera to factory settings, using the menu?

• Like 2

Yes the dot is only on when I hold the button down but the exposure doesn't change

Ok but now I feel a bit dumb

The only thing I didn't try is to use the reset function in the menu. Tried it, and it seems to be working properly ....... doh

Ok but now I feel a bit dumb

That's the risk you take when posting questions here: that someone stumbles upon the solution, and that the solution will be simple.

Very glad your problem seems to be solved. Enjoy your camera.

• Like 1