Death (and resurrection) of Nik

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am not sure if this is the correct Forum - if not please feel free to move it around, it deserves the fullest publicity - as Macfilos says, the Nik Collection could well be doomed by Google!

Hello,

I just signed the petition, “Google, Inc: Save the Nik Collection!.” I think this is important. Will you sign it too?

Here’s the link:

https://www.change.org/p/google-inc-save-the-nik-collection?utm_medium=email&utm_source=petition_signer_receipt&utm_campaign=triggered&share_context=signature_receipt&recruiter=89062629

Thanks,

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

This is potentially excellent news, Simone, thanks for posting it.  I hope DxO keeps the suite separate and affordable.

Pete.

Pete

I'm actually sweltering over bying there Exposure 3 softwere as I really like some of there film presets

Neil

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Exposure 3 = AlienSkin software.  A nice application.

Yea that's the one. I downloaded 3 x 30 day trials of Exposure 3 something film pack and another trhat I cant remember, but I liked the exposure 3 best

Neil

Pete

I'm actually sweltering over bying there Exposure 3 softwere as I really like some of there film presets

Neil

Hi, Neil,

Yes I still have AlienSkin Exposure 2 from years ago; Steve's opinion was very useful in my decision to acquire it and I haven't been disappointed.  It's an excellent software package (I've no experience of Exposure 3) but I'm not interested in film emulation at the moment - I'd rather shoot the film itself.  Silver Effex fulfils my need for monochrome post processing and LAB colour space in Photoshop CS6 does the same for colour.

Pete.

Edited by farnz

This is potentially excellent news, Simone, thanks for posting it.  I hope DxO keeps the suite separate and affordable.

Pete.

It looks like they are already integrating it into their shiny new DxO Photolab (the software once known as DxO Optics Pro)

http://www.dxo.com/us/photography/photo-software/dxo-photolab

Considering the recent sad news from the Adobe camp, I'll give Photolab a spin to see if it's a good alternative to Lightroom. 

I bet they will also keep the suite separate or at least as a Photoshop plugin, but not free anymore, which is fair enough for me.