Geotag

FeralCoton

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I enjoy geotagging photos for no real reason. I’ve found it easiest with an app n the iPhone. (Even if I use my T, the gps,is tedious and sucks camera battery life.). I used to use gps4cam, but it seems to have gotten defective in exporting coordinates.

I’d recommend geotagr. It has a fairly good interface and will automatically save a gpx file to any cloud service. Then all,you do is import into Lightroom maps and you’re good to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The multifunction grip has built in GPS - I got an amazing deal on one (bought for the flash socket and because i have huge hands) 

having the ability to see where pics were taken is incredibly handy, when trying to get back to the same spot.

• Like 1

I've been using a Garmin eTrex and RoboGeo on Windows for years now. Works well for me.

Really annoyed by the bug where the 240 sets lat and long to 0 for all non-geotagged images.

So every non geotagged image appear to be taken somewhere off Africa.

I mentioned to Leica in London and they "found nothing wrong"

Leica's prelaunch testing is quite poor in my opinion and I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Ah well

It defaults to 0,0 rather than blank lat and long.

When you attempt to manually add the co-ores afterwards use RoboGeo using GoogleEarth, the application will read the embedded co-offs which somewhere in theAtlantic on the Equator off Africa.

I can add a screen shot when I get back to my PC

Edited by terrycym

The M 240 does write nowhere to the location (ie blank) not zero.

The M (Typ 240) writes (0,0) to both DNG and JPG files, even when no GPS receiver is attached. That's a gross error, much comparable to the famous millenium bug.

• Like 1

This is the EXIF entry I see when viewing an OOC Jpeg taken with an M (Typ 240) which has no GPS device attached:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

In my opinion, it does not matter if the letter "V" stands for void or violet or vapour; none of the software I tried so far interpreted the field this way, and every single GPS-aware software I used with pictures out of my M (Typ 240) located the pictures right here:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

It's a software error, and an embarrassing one. It's one of the errors which made the millennium bug so famous.

Thanks Philipp, good to know I'm not the only one with this issue.

BTW my job is to test software so I understand now to define use cases when testing software.

Heh, I'd even offer my services to Leica as a beta tester but I doubt they would offer me a role somehow.

I beta test a MAJOR piece of photo editing software and you'd be amazed what I and my fellow testers find!

The company is also very proactive in the whole beta testing Malachi and take on a lot of our feature suggestions as well fix bugs wefwe find.

In fact, a major release was delay by a week because of a bug I found and the time taken to fix it.