Everyday bag.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I think I've owned over 40 dedicated camera bags and I still prefer a "non-camera" bag most times. If you're carrying the bag then most camera bags are overly padded and bulky, wasting internal storage with dividers and foam. Cameras (and lenses) are tougher than most people give them credit for. With any form of sensible handling they are hard to break. And padded bags are as bulky half-empty as empty.

I'd rather have the body and attached lens loose and spare lenses, filters, batteries, cards, nick nacks in a compartmentalised area with minimal padding. The Tenba BYOB inserts work perfectly for me. Choose your best bag for the job (daypack, briefcase, hiking pack) and sally forth.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Literally called the EveryDay Sling. This is the Everyday Sling 5L (If you want bigger they got the 10L). By far the best everyday bag I have used and will use as it is sleek, stealthy, secure, versatile, and most importantly light and comfortable. It fits my Leica SF40 Flash, a shoulder strap, wrist strap, filter case, lens pen cleaner, 3 batteries, wallet, and my Joby GorillaPod 1K. You can wear it over your shoulder, as a fanny pak, or simply carry it by hand (you can actually tuck the shoulder strap in the back so it does not dangle if you want to carry it). Minimal padding but protects all things very well. Quality all around, and no I do not work for Peak Design (I just love their stuff!). $100 bucks well worth the investment especially carrying around a Q!

Much Black, much stealthy!

mjr6u8.jpg

Everything in with a bit of extra room!

rcn2ts.jpg

Holstered and ready to shoot!

10da4xc.jpg

Left side compartment (Leather filter case and wrist strap, also a small pouch at the far end for a battery)

2itmudv.jpg

Right side compartment (Leica Flash SF40, also a small pouch at the far end for a battery)   

ht70uq.jpg

Top cover pouch (Shoulder Strap and Lens Cleaner Pen)

359btco.jpg

Front pouch (Wallet and a mobile phone can fit)

969ow1.jpg

On the go? Secure those lines!  

2hz0biv.jpg

Obligatory filter case for scale

a2vzms.jpg

Oh and a shot I took a few days ago with this exact gear in hand

r9hb8h.jpg

Edited by djinn415
  • Like 4

• 7 months later...

Wh

Literally called the EveryDay Sling. This is the Everyday Sling 5L (If you want bigger they got the 10L). By far the best everyday bag I have used and will use as it is sleek, stealthy, secure, versatile, and most importantly light and comfortable. It fits my Leica SF40 Flash, a shoulder strap, wrist strap, filter case, lens pen cleaner, 3 batteries, wallet, and my Joby GorillaPod 1K. You can wear it over your shoulder, as a fanny pak, or simply carry it by hand (you can actually tuck the shoulder strap in the back so it does not dangle if you want to carry it). Minimal padding but protects all things very well. Quality all around, and no I do not work for Peak Design (I just love their stuff!). $100 bucks well worth the investment especially carrying around a Q!

mjr6u8.jpg

rcn2ts.jpg

10da4xc.jpg

Left side compartment (Leather filter case and wrist strap, also a small pouch at the far end for a battery)

2itmudv.jpg

Right side compartment (Leica Flash SF40, also a small pouch at the far end for a battery)   

ht70uq.jpg

359btco.jpg

969ow1.jpg

2hz0biv.jpg

a2vzms.jpg

r9hb8h.jpg

Nice review. What's the filter case?

Wh

Nice review. What's the filter case?

Thanks, I usually dont bother with reviewing bags, but this one was just absolutely perfect it needed to be posted. I bought a few of those filter cases on eBay less than 3 bucks each, shipped from China. There are some US sellers but they jack up the price if you need it quick

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pu-Leather-Camera-Lens-Filter-Bag-Wallet-Case-3-Pockets-for-49mm-58mm-Filter/332300208026?hash=item4d5ea2c79a:g:o1sAAOSwTdJXRQbQ

• 2 weeks later...

mjr6u8.jpg

rcn2ts.jpg

10da4xc.jpg

2itmudv.jpg

ht70uq.jpg

359btco.jpg

969ow1.jpg

2hz0biv.jpg

a2vzms.jpg

r9hb8h.jpg

Excellent review, I use the 5L Sling as well but in grey.  I carry the Q, M10, 50 LUX, 90 MEM, and 21 SEM with space to spare. The best bag I've used by far.

• Like 2

Excellent review, I use the 5L Sling as well but in grey.  I carry the Q, M10, 50 LUX, 90 MEM, and 21 SEM with space to spare. The best bag I've used by far.

Do you have a picture of the M10 and your whole setup on your everyday sling? thanks

Thank you. Have you tried to use it as a waist/fanny pack? is it comfortable?

I have.  It was comfortable enough.   On the other hand it is a minor hassle to re-configure the straps to use it as a waist pack.   It is just fiddly enough that I don't do that very often.  

I have.  It was comfortable enough.   On the other hand it is a minor hassle to re-configure the straps to use it as a waist pack.   It is just fiddly enough that I don't do that very often.  

Thank you. I'm thinking to get this bag primarily as a waist pack. How does it feel when shooting with a waist pack? 

Anyone using the Wotancraft Ryker with their Q ?  and or other Leica's as well, trying to see how much room for a 2nd body and bits & pieces :)

Wotancraft is excellent. I have the Ryker and it would be perfect for the Q or M. I need to try it with the SL (+ M lenses). If that fits it would be perfect. 

I also love my Sling for most photo outings with the Q, wallet, phone, etc.

I'm about to get on a plane with the Peak Design 15" Everyday Messenger Bag - packed with everything I need to a one week journey (except clothes etc. which I check).

It is packed with the Q, three extra batteries, SD cards, 15" MacBook Pro, two books, real headphones (hate "buds"), and my Wireless Passport Drive for backing up everything.

No, I don't work for Peak Design but I am a very good customer -- because this stuff is designed by photographers for photographers and indestructible in the field.

• Like 2

Thank you. I'm thinking to get this bag primarily as a waist pack. How does it feel when shooting with a waist pack? 

If feels like you've got a 5L fanny pack on your hip/stomach/wherever.  A bit big.

I don't shoot out of my bag so I'm probably not the guy to ask.  I use the bag is for storage.   When shooting my M is on a strap around my neck and the Q is on a wrist strap.   When I want to use the M I clip the Q to my belt using a PD Capture clip.  The 5L bag is slung over my shoulder with the strap shortened so it rides high on my back.   I've tried using the Capture Clip on the bag, too.  That works, but I prefer it on my belt.

It only takes about 5 seconds to lengthen the strap and swing the bag in front of me if I need something or want to put a camera away.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is wondering whether or not the elegant Leica "ever-ready" case will fit your Q with lens shade attached, the answer is no, not even close. :(

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2