Everyday bag.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi all.

I am in search of an everyday bag, a bag that can contain an M or a Q, with integrity, but at the same time include glasses, wallet, keys, papire and maybe a 13inch computer, usually I use a Think Tank My 2 Brain, but I don’t like to put a camera down into it. Which means I'm bringing two bags, it is not very convenient.

Anyone have a good suggestion?

Regards Henrik

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got this one and I am super happy:

https://www.onabags.com/store/messenger-bags/the-prince-street.html?color=dark-truffle

not the cheapest one but really stylish and convenient.

Great isn't it – and it only weighs about 1 1/2 kg – empty!

And only just shy of 400 bucks.

Money well spent don't you think?
Edited by marcg

Great isn't it – and it only weighs about 1 1/2 kg – empty!

And only just shy of 400 bucks.

Money well spent don't you think?

well...if you don't like it , you don't get it as simple as that. Oh wait.....you can always carry your Leica in a supermarket plastic bag: extra light and very cheap isn't it?

Billingham Hadley Pro will fit a 13 inch laptop and Q, plus the items you mention. If also has a carry handle, which greatly enhances utility (you aren't limited to the shoulder strap).

I'm sure there are many others, but unless you are of the plastic bag persuasion, Billingham is a nice alternative ;)

• Like 5

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I use a canvas bag like this which is 28€. Since the Leica lenses come in nice leather pouches they are already protected and I have a neopren cover for the camera. Adequate and light for city walks and sightseeing, but I would not mind buying an Oberwerth Freiburg.  In daily use I tend to take the camera with one lens attached over my shoulder and an extra lens in my pocket or I take my Thinktank Retrospective 5. The temptation to buy a better bag is there, but I do not feel the necessity.

Edited by stephan54
  • Like 2

attachicon.gifbag.jpg

I use a canvas bag like this which is 28€. Since the Leica lenses come in nice leather pouches they are already protected and I have a neopren cover for the camera. Adequate and light for city walks and sightseeing, but I would not mind buying an Oberwerth Freiburg.  In daily use I tend to take the camera with one lens attached over my shoulder and an extra lens in my pocket or I take my Thinktank Retrospective 5. The temptation to buy a better bag is there, but I do not feel the necessity.

The leather pouches from Leica probably aren't the best alternative for bag use out and about. The leather can harbour moisture and mold more readily than synthetic materials.

I use microfibre cloths to wrap lenses, or just front and back caps in a padded bag.

:)

• Like 2

Best bag I have ever owned, bar none.

And I think I have owned all of them.

https://www.peakdesign.com/product/bags/everyday-messenger

I use the Peak Design "Sling" for the Q and all the junk I normally carry.  Strap length adjustment is instant; swings around to let me extract the Q instantly; quick access to new battery or card (if a long day); room for iPad, wallet, cell phone, truck keys, flask...

https://www.peakdesign.com/product/bags/everyday-sling/

For the DSLR with a few lenses, or a long trek away from the truck, I use the "Everyday Messenger" 13".  Selling it to but the 15" because I upgraded the laptop to 15"...

Decisions: Do you carry a post processing device?  if none or iPad, go with the Sling.  If laptop, go with Messenger.  Me:  I use both depending on the shoot scheduled.  I often carry the messenger with only the Q and laptop...

Quality, support, and fair pricing make them a no-brainer for me.

• Like 1

To marcg....

Last time I checked, this is not Facebook isn’t it? Your reply was neither funny nor informative. And it was borderline offensive.

well...if you don't like it , you don't get it as simple as that. Oh wait.....you can always carry your Leica in a supermarket plastic bag: extra light and very cheap isn't it?

Well I'm sorry that you have both become so upset about it.

I use the Peak Design "Sling" for the Q and all the junk I normally carry.  Strap length adjustment is instant; swings around to let me extract the Q instantly; quick access to new battery or card (if a long day); room for iPad, wallet, cell phone, truck keys, flask...

https://www.peakdesign.com/product/bags/everyday-sling/

For the DSLR with a few lenses, or a long trek away from the truck, I use the "Everyday Messenger" 13".  Selling it to but the 15" because I upgraded the laptop to 15"...

Decisions: Do you carry a post processing device?  if none or iPad, go with the Sling.  If laptop, go with Messenger.  Me:  I use both depending on the shoot scheduled.  I often carry the messenger with only the Q and laptop...

Quality, support, and fair pricing make them a no-brainer for me.

This is my combo as well.  The sling works well for a day out with either my Q or DSLR.  The 13" Messenger is always with me, but for storage of extras and my laptop.  Both are designed and constructed for protection and functionality. 

• Like 2

attachicon.gifbag.jpg

Yes of course, this is probably the ideal kind of bag. Of course as we are talking about Leica Q cameras here, there is no issue about lenses but if one wanted to carry lenses then much better than the rather bulky Leica lens cases are something like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00009R88F/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_img?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3FRNKSEW0AB6P&coliid=I1KASFY3PM4V98

which are nice and lightweight, and don't take up a lot of extra space and which would fit comfortably into most bags.

I think the fact that the bag you have pointed out is cheap but especially because it is lightweight, makes it the ideal kind of thing to carry around if you want to feel relatively unencumbered whilst taking photographs.

In response to User:paxao, above, his suggestion of a plastic carrier bag is interesting but of course it lacks structure. Nice and light though and less likely to attract the attention of possible thieves in Milan.

However, he seems not to have taken into account the real problem which is that it doesn't have a shoulder strap and this means that he would have to carry it by the handle and that would leave him only a single hand with which to hold the camera while taking pictures – although this might not be too bad if he used good light and fast exposures most of the time.

The stabilisation and auto-focus will probably help.  Good thing that it's a Q - and not an M.

Yes of course, this is probably the ideal kind of bag. Of course as we are talking about Leica Q cameras here, there is no issue about lenses but if one wanted to carry lenses then much better than the rather bulky Leica lens cases are something like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00009R88F/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_img?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3FRNKSEW0AB6P&coliid=I1KASFY3PM4V98

which are nice and lightweight, and don't take up a lot of extra space and which would fit comfortably into most bags.

I think the fact that the bag you have pointed out is cheap but especially because it is lightweight, makes it the ideal kind of thing to carry around if you want to feel relatively unencumbered whilst taking photographs.

In response to User:paxao, above, his suggestion of a plastic carrier bag is interesting but of course it lacks structure. Nice and light though and less likely to attract the attention of possible thieves in Milan.

However, he seems not to have taken into account the real problem which is that it doesn't have a shoulder strap and this means that he would have to carry it by the handle and that would leave him only a single hand with which to hold the camera while taking pictures – although this might not be too bad if he used good light and fast exposures most of the time.

The stabilisation and auto-focus will probably help.  Good thing that it's a Q - and not an M.

I am pretty sure there are less possible thieves in Milan then in your "virtually everywhere" location. Have a nice day 

Edited by faxao