The Leica Forum uses cookies. Read the privacy statement for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    OK, understood.

Photo
- - - - -

Everyday bag.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 HenrikP

HenrikP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:32

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)
Hi all.

I am in search of an everyday bag, a bag that can contain an M or a Q, with integrity, but at the same time include glasses, wallet, keys, papire and maybe a 13inch computer, usually I use a Think Tank My 2 Brain, but I don’t like to put a camera down into it. Which means I'm bringing two bags, it is not very convenient.

Anyone have a good suggestion?

Regards Henrik

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do not ask a man what camera he uses, if he uses a Leica will he tell himself, if not, there is no need to make him feel embarrassed!

#2 silverchrome

silverchrome

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 19:28

Have you considered just buying a camera bag insert and then sticking that into your favourite bag or rucksack?  

I use a single camera and lens setup and I find this is the best way to carry it.  The insert goes into an ordinary rucksack, so I have plenty of space for my other stuff, and because I have a cover on my insert, my camera is fully protected.  

Amazon has a good selection.

• lucerne and HenrikP said thank you to this

#3 duckrider

duckrider

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 1,428 posts
  • City / Ort:in Taunus & der Eifel

Posted 13 October 2017 - 19:44

As a camera thief by passion, I prefer people who use to have a carrying bag from far seeable containg valuable goods!

So choose a real precious one.

For me only the cheapest most worn bags, I never had problems with snatched away ones...

B)

Thomas

• lucerne said thank you to this

#4 HenrikP

HenrikP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 13 October 2017 - 23:42

Have you considered just buying a camera bag insert and then sticking that into your favourite bag or rucksack?

I use a single camera and lens setup and I find this is the best way to carry it. The insert goes into an ordinary rucksack, so I have plenty of space for my other stuff, and because I have a cover on my insert, my camera is fully protected.

Amazon has a good selection.

I'm not a backpack type, unless I am out hiking. ;)

Do not ask a man what camera he uses, if he uses a Leica will he tell himself, if not, there is no need to make him feel embarrassed!

#5 hteasley

hteasley

Benutzer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 05:50

Search Amazon for "camera bag insert" and find a bunch of cheap inserts that will do a good job. Then stick that in your favorite anything bag.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
  • lucerne said thank you to this
IIIf M10 | OM-D E-M1.2 | Contax G1
pix zenfolio flickr

#6 Xavier

Xavier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 14 October 2017 - 20:05

I use an ONA Prince Street, that fits an M9 with a lens mounted (plus a couple lenses if needed), everyday accessories, and a 13" MacBook Pro. It is doing the job, and I use it a lot. I could do with a slightly slimmer bag. It might be worth looking at...

Edited by Xavier, 14 October 2017 - 20:05.

• HenrikP said thank you to this

#7 HenrikP

HenrikP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:05

I use an ONA Prince Street, that fits an M9 with a lens mounted (plus a couple lenses if needed), everyday accessories, and a 13" MacBook Pro. It is doing the job, and I use it a lot. I could do with a slightly slimmer bag. It might be worth looking at...

Nice, on the website it states only 11” but if you say so, it look like a nice bag

#8 Xavier

Xavier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 15 October 2017 - 12:29

Nice, on the website it states only 11” but if you say so, it look like a nice bag

Indeed. It is a bit tight, but mine (an older generation 13" Retina) fits. I guess the new generation 13" Retina (with touch bar or not) fits better as it is narrower, and that an older generation with CD drive would not fit (thicker and a bit wider if I remember correctly). If you have the chance, I advise to try in the store with your laptop.

#9 Ko.Fe.

Ko.Fe.

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • LocationCanada, ON.

Posted 15 October 2017 - 16:13

I have good suggestion, but it is is not about bag. 

You don't need two cameras for every day...

#10 R6M6

R6M6

Benutzer

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • City / Ort:Kreis Bergstrasse

Posted 15 October 2017 - 19:28

Beside my Billingham L2 and Hadley Pro I have a Fjällräven Tote Bag ( can also be used as a back pack) with no name insert from Enjoyyourcamera. It is a very unobtrusiv and flexible solution! I use the tote bag also for shopping and travelling parallel to one of the two Billinghams.

#11 HenrikP

HenrikP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 16 October 2017 - 07:36

I have good suggestion, but it is is not about bag.

You don't need two cameras for every day...

some time I do, and some time I don’t :)

#12 Diegaulle

Diegaulle

Neuer Benutzer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted Yesterday, 16:34

As a camera thief by passion, I prefer people who use to have a carrying bag from far seeable containg valuable goods!

So choose a real precious one.

For me only the cheapest most worn bags, I never had problems with snatched away ones...

B)

Thomas

I do it exactly like this. I have a very old, very dirty Freitag bag with a beautiful red Artisan and Artist red inlay. It fits an M9, Ricoh GR, wallet or sunglasses or extra lens and a couple of batteries an a lens cloth. No thief might think that I carry valuable cameras in it.

By the way this is my first message in the forum! Greetings from Cologne! 

• HenrikP said thank you to this

#13 HenrikP

HenrikP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted Yesterday, 17:28

I do it exactly like this. I have a very old, very dirty Freitag bag with a beautiful red Artisan and Artist red inlay. It fits an M9, Ricoh GR, wallet or sunglasses or extra lens and a couple of batteries an a lens cloth. No thief might think that I carry valuable cameras in it.

By the way this is my first message in the forum! Greetings from Cologne!

Welcome :)

#14 Resistent

Resistent

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted Yesterday, 22:56

I like inserts too. I have used Tenba's BYOB (Bring Your Own Bag) inserts of different sizes over the years. They're great in my opinion. I use the smallest one in my Timbuk2 work messenger bag at the moment.

https://www.tenba.co...era-insert.aspx

For bags, it is hard to go wrong with a Billingham Hadley Pro. If the computer is slim (like the latest MB Pro) it will fit. A black or darker color is quite discrete and they age beautifully.

0 user(s) are reading this topic