Advertisement (gone after registration)

Sunset at the Fairy Pools, on the Isle of Skye in Scotland, taken during one of my 2017 Workshops on the Isle.

SL_02954.jpg

Leica SL, Voigtlander 15mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters. Thanks for viewing, best regards

Vieri

Edited by Vieri
  • Like 18

Beautiful!

Thank you very much Stuart! :)

Quite agree.

Thank you Graham! :)

Terrific.

Thank you very much Michael! :)

May I join the paean of praise!

You certainly may, kind Sir, thank you very much indeed! :)

Once again I have to take a moment to catch my breath.

There, whew, spectacular!

:) Thank you very much, glad you enjoyed it! :)

'Tis a place full of dreams.....

'Tis indeed! :)

Best regards,

Vieri

• 2 weeks later...

Vieri,

Truly amazing. I think viewing this post will cause me to have to get an SL if this is what to expect. I assume you have the Leica M adapter-L. I guess you don't have any image quality issues with using that adapter?

I'll look out for more of your images.

Thanks,

Lincoln

It´s like an entrance to a fairy tale!

Wonderful.

Thank you very much mumu, glad you enjoyed it! :)

Vieri,

Truly amazing. I think viewing this post will cause me to have to get an SL if this is what to expect. I assume you have the Leica M adapter-L. I guess you don't have any image quality issues with using that adapter?

I'll look out for more of your images.

Thanks,

Lincoln

Lincoln,

thank you very much indeed, much appreciated! :) About the adapter, I am using it day-in, day-out without any problem. I use it extensively with the 15mm Voigtlander, and you'll find many examples on my website, but for something more demanding focus-wise I can point you to this series, all shot with the Noctilux f/1 used wide-open only: https://vieribottazzini.com/2016/11/buranoscapes-burano.html. As you can see, no focus problems whatsoever: on the contrary, the magnification feature of the SL makes using M lenses with it a breeze (much easier than with the M, I have to say).

On my blog, you'll also find my review of the SL, plus one article I wrote after one year of work with it, a review of the 24mm Super-Elmar-S compared with the 24-90mm Vario-Elmarit at 24mm, and more. I am going to publish either later today or tomorrow a user review of the 24-90mm as well.

Hope this helps! Best regards,

Vieri