Q display mode that causes the shutter release to go into movie mode

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I’m a relatively new Q user and I’m a bit amazed that if I select one of the shooting display modes (using the center info button) that I enter movie/cine capture mode! This seems like a major firmware flaw, but perhaps I’m missing something and one of you kind folks can set me in the right direction?

If it is a flaw, I can’t think of a more important one to fix with a firmware revision. I for one don’t ever want to shoot cine with my Q.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

shots Great Hello Pixelman and welcome to the excellent Q. Scroll down through the menu to Mode Lock Video/Photo and make sure Otis set to ON - problem solved!

I hope you get plenty of great shots with you Q.

Philip

Editor, The Leica Society Magazine

Hmmm... that doesn't stop the behaviour on my Q. jmschuh's explanation in another thread seems the closest:

The function of the Mode Lock Photo/Video depends on the display mode!

To change the display mode, press in the Display Button and you can toggle the display on the monitor/viewfinder between three different photo display modes and one video display mode:

The available display modes are:

1. Display Mode with no indicators on the monitor image (photo mode) -> 2. Display mode with indicators on the lower edge of the monitor image (photo mode) -> 3. Display mode with indicators on the upper and lower edge of the monitor image (photo mode) -> 4. Video Display Mode (video mode) -> 1. ...

When you lock the Photo/Video mode ("on"), you can´t take photos if you choose the video mode display (mode 4) and you can´t make a video if you choose one of the three photo display modes (mode 1, 2, 3). With the video mode display (mode 4), the video button and the shutter release button work as video button. With one of the three photo display modes (mode 1,2,3), the video button has no function.

When you unlock the Photo/Video mode ("off"), you can take photos and make videos in every display mode (mode 1,2,3,4), photos with the shutter release button and videos with the video button.

So, if anything, keeping it OFF at least means that if you find yourself in Video mode accidentally, you'll still be taking photos (but the video button is now enabled in all modes)... Is that right?

• Like 1

Hmmm... that doesn't stop the behaviour on my Q. jmschuh's explanation in another thread seems the closest:

So, if anything, keeping it OFF at least means that if you find yourself in Video mode accidentally, you'll still be taking photos (but the video button is now enabled in all modes)... Is that right?

I've the same problem : If I well understand your post : there is no way to avoid this.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Setting the Mode Lock Photo/Video to OFF is a big step forward. In this mode, I just get a still frame when I press the shutter release in this mode. Thank you!!! Now that said,it does mean that the (red) video button is now enabled in all modes. This seems like a usability flaw that should be prioritized for inclusion into firmware release. I’m going to shoot this way for a few days and see how I do. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk