whats your favorite lenses(es) onj the T/TL/TL2?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Whats your favorite lenses(es) onj the T/TL/TL2?

And why?

I start:  11-23mm because the images "pop" and its fun to experiment with the wider focal length.

My second one fav is the 35/1.4, really nice rendering for images of my kids and smooth Bokeh.

Third would be the 23/2.0 because its nice and compact and still fast enough for indoors.

(I've tried 23, 35, 60 and 18-56 btw, and I own 35/1.4)

My number one would be 23mm. It's perfect size, super universal, and capable of bokeh. The only downfall is stopping down of the exposure when close to the subject. 

I love 35/1.4 but I'm still waiting for my perfect portrait lens (which will be a prime 1.4 and equiv to 60-120mm, because APS-C needs more mm to bokeh well)

I have the 3 zooms and the 23mm.  I use the 23mm about 90% of the time.  I wish the 11-23 were faster.  Without IS it is rather slow for indoor usage.  

I haven't gone for the 35mm and 60mm yet mainly because of size and price...

Have had the 23mm and the 18-56. The 23 is the only lens that to my mind fits with what I want in the T.

I want a prime, and a prime that is sized in keeping with the T body.

Currently, any prime that is available for the T is sized more for the SL.

Fuji have it right, they produce nice sized cameras, and equally nice sized lenses to suit.

All my view of course, I am constantly bleating on about the size that the lenses are becoming.

A return to Fuji is likely for me.

Gary

• Like 1

I probably use the 18-56 more often than any other lens.  However, the Voigtlander Heliar 50mm f 2.0 is my favorite lens on the T .. it is a pleasure just to focus, and the results are very special.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

APO-Vario-Elmar-TL 135-400mm f/4.0-5.6, which exists only my (hopeful) mind.

Seriously, though, all three of the zooms are my favorites.  I use them pretty much equally, along with the 35TL.  As a person who's shot mostly long telephotos for the past several years, TL lenses are the first shorter lenses that have moved me to go look for things to shoot with them.

• Like 3

18-56mm is my most frequently used lens due to the need of single portrait, but 11-23mm is my most favorit when I want to take my personal fun or"serious shots".

It has to do with my Contax N Zeiss 17-35mm f2.8 zoom that I used in film photo. I also used it with Sony A7R2 with the Fringer AF adapter. But I have never been as satisfied as with film, all due to my disfavoring on A7R2 color rendering.

To my surprise, Leica T with 11-23mm completely outperforms A7R2 with Contax Zeiss 17-35mm, even it has much smaller sensor, far less pixel count, seems infetior dynamic range'(according to professional camera review web sites).

Oh, I almost forget,besides its superior image tonal rendering and accutant of the lens | camera combination, it is also much smaller. (if you know the size of A7R2 + Contax Zeiss 17-35mm). I cannot thonk of any alternatives for hiking or trave.

Edited by Einst_Stein
  • Like 2

Sadly, I was unable to mount my M-converted Hologon G, due to the sensor baffle design; I imagine it would have been amazing on it.

That being said, the C Biogon 4.5/21 ZM spends the most time on there. Then the Planar 2/35 ZM.

Both of those (actually including the Hologon G) were picked because they have almost 0% distortion. They're really quite unique in that respect. Their rendering is also pleasing, etc.

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

I'm swithering between the 35mm f1.4 and my Noctilux................If I had to pick one I would say the 50mm Elmar M is very very sexy on the TL2 :) :) Pretty dame sharp as well :)

Ive also had some good results with my 600mm f4 lens

• Like 9

The 35/1.4 is the only native T lens I've so far seen that is a match for the better M glass. I use the 11-23 more often, but the 35 is special. It's almost indistinguishable from a 50 Cron on an SL. The 70/2.5 on the S is better, but that's how far you need to go to improve upon it.

Not my photo, but taken with my 35 Lux and TL2:

24010404488_3ea0d5a351_b.jpg

--Matt

• Like 1

I like the 23mm most. I'm not sure why, but there's, well, something cool or reserved in it's rendering.

• Like 1

The other lens I'm using on the T is the Zeiss 35mm 2.8. It's well built, sharp and easy to focus. My only concern is - sometimes, no always - it's colour rendering. Faces tend to get too reddish. Anyway, the lens has it's unique, sometimes peculiar rendition.

-----

https://stefanenator.smugmug.com

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I recently took possession of the Summilux-TL 35mm.

I have to admit that as far as image quality is concerned it is a significant step up from the other TL lenses I own (23mm and zooms).

Handling wise it is a bit awkward I find, not exactly well balanced, a bit front heavy but all in all not that bad either.

Looking forward to the pancake 18mm now...  :)