Les

SL - card slot for UHS II ?

I have just received my new SL and I want to be sure about the slots for the storage media. This is my first post here so I apologize if I am not using the correct procedure.

On page 171: changing the memory cards: Slot 1 (top) operates according to UHS II standards, slot 2 according to UHS I.

On p294 the technical data states: SD, SDHC, SDXC cards both UHS I (slots 1 and 2)

UHS II (slot 2)

Can someone please tell me which is correct.

Also, if there is a discrepancy, Leica should be notified.  Is there a US contact for customer service or technical issues.

TBH I never noticed or thought about it. I just got the higher quality SD cards for both, so I don't have to think about which card goes in which slot. I agree it looks like the manual is mixed up (not for the first time with Leica manuals).

Slot 1 (upper slot) is of type UHS II. (Try to have a look from the side - you can maybe see the additional contacts).

But both slots are compatible with UHS II - meaning UHS II cards can be used in both slots, but not with the same speed.

If you do not do 4k video, you probably won't notice a difference.   

Although the book says you can only write video to slot#1, I've shot with card #1 full (or missing) and found as a result the video file on card #2.  Everything looked OK.

If you record in MP4, lower slot is fine.