Leica Noctilux 0.95 50mm

Jenningsmca

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have a Leica SL w/24-90mm lens and a few Summilux lenses. It works great but need to get back into Nikon as I need longer lenses.

I am thinking that I may trade the SL w/24-90 for a M10 and pickup a Noctilux lens later.

My question, people who have tried and loved the Noctilux on the SL, do you think the Noctilux performs just as well or better on the M10 ?

Thx

Mike

• Like 1

The question is not whether the lens will perform as good, the difference, if any, should be minimal. The question is whether you will perform as good. There is a bit of a learning curve in focusing the Noctilux om an M camera.

• Like 4

Not if the OP hasn't followed the reviews and discussion, including initial concerns about size/weight or zoom vs prime performance.

And, as I also noted, the ability to adapt all sorts of lenses to the SL, like R lenses, without necessarily jumping brands.

Jeff

If you can live with the SL (the size and weight is my pet hate) then you are better off keeping the SL for the Noctilux from an economic point of view

For me focusing the Noctilux on the M10 can be touch and go. Nearer subject I nail easily. Further subjects require the EVF for accuracy. That is just me.

• Like 1

Try the search box.

Jeff

The search returned multiple entries about the M10 and or the Noctilux 0.95 or the Noctilux 75 etc. I do not ask many questions and for the time it takes to answer you could have saved me much grief. I hope the next time you need a Q+A the search works better for you than me.

• Like 5

If you can live with the SL (the size and weight is my pet hate) then you are better off keeping the SL for the Noctilux from an economic point of view

For me focusing the Noctilux on the M10 can be touch and go. Nearer subject I nail easily. Further subjects require the EVF for accuracy. That is just me.

Humm, thats what I am concerned with. I thought the M10 had the ability to zoom but I guess thats with live view only. My local dealer did not have a M10 to play with and he most certainly will not unveil a Noctilux for me to play with.

I thought I would use the M10 + lenses for my own people photography and then invest in Nikon D850 + 300, 400mm lenses for air shows etc.

Thx

The search returned multiple entries about the M10 and or the Noctilux 0.95 or the Noctilux 75 etc. I do not ask many questions and for the time it takes to answer you could have saved me much grief. I hope the next time you need a Q+A the search works better for you than me.

I didn't get the courtesy of a response to my question. Give and take.

Jeff

Humm, thats what I am concerned with. I thought the M10 had the ability to zoom but I guess thats with live view only. My local dealer did not have a M10 to play with and he most certainly will not unveil a Noctilux for me to play with.

I thought I would use the M10 + lenses for my own people photography and then invest in Nikon D850 + 300, 400mm lenses for air shows etc.

Thx

If you can think an that optical viewfinder  as used on the M would be able to zoom I would say  you need to explore the differences between a rangefinder and an EVF to avoid disappointment.

The marginal differences in sensor and IQ -if any- are utterly irrelevant in this context.