Fragments #0041

MSV

Advertisement (gone after registration)

https://msvphoto.wordpress.com/2017/10/09/fragment-0041/

2014 © Massimo S. Volonté Fotografo​
M9, 35'cron IV

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 5

https://msvphoto.wordpress.com/2017/10/09/fragment-0041/

2014 [emoji767] Massimo S. Volonté Fotografo​

M9, 35'cron IV

Shadowplay that is not shadowplay, an image that may be easily overlooked, dismissed as cliché. It has the edge of impromptu surveillance, happenstance documentation. It embraces the blur, erasure of the moment by denying specificity, visual sharpness in focus. But that doesn’t seem to be the focus here or in many of your other blur photographs. This suggests what is indefinable and prompts conjecture. What is the context? Is the subconscious composition with the patterned screening a confessional? The identity of the subject is purposely obscured. How can we make sense in the street, today, when so much is blurred, then erased? You have a gift for triangulating some of these coordinates. It is perplexing, challenging to translate them. Applause, applause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Shadowplay that is not shadowplay, an image that may be easily overlooked, dismissed as cliché. It has the edge of impromptu surveillance, happenstance documentation. It embraces the blur, erasure of the moment by denying specificity, visual sharpness in focus. But that doesn’t seem to be the focus here or in many of your other blur photographs. This suggests what is indefinable and prompts conjecture. What is the context? Is the subconscious composition with the patterned screening a confessional? The identity of the subject is purposely obscured. How can we make sense in the street, today, when so much is blurred, then erased? You have a gift for triangulating some of these coordinates. It is perplexing, challenging to translate them. Applause, applause.

Thanks for commenting Ernest, really appreciated...

To be honest I have no answer to the questions about streets or even photography in general... Maybe, it's just something about what I'm living nowadays and my needs... I mean, it's just personal, I'm trying to capture, to understand (?), something going on around me, I need to do it... Of course, this doesn't mean that I'm a good photographer... 

Thanks again...

Thanks for commenting Ernest, really appreciated...

To be honest I have no answer to the questions about streets or even photography in general... Maybe, it's just something about what I'm living nowadays and my needs... I mean, it's just personal, I'm trying to capture, to understand (?), something going on around me, I need to do it... Of course, this doesn't mean that I'm a good photographer...

Thanks again...

We allow that photography in the street is hard, avoiding the cliché, refracting through the artist vision what is given to say something that is perhaps not given, an implied subtext, even metaphor. This photograph (and many of your others I have seen) is circumspect, glancing from an oblique psychological angle. I recall Ezra Pound’s notion that “artists are the antennae of the race,” and I think McLuhan stretched race to include civilization, which I think is better. I also remember the rule of advertising design: “You cannot afford to be boring.” For me, I am checking off the box that your image is not boring. Banal, perhaps, but you are a provocateur. Provocation in photography prompts dialogue, and dialogue open channels. One hopes. You title this photograph with a number, which is intriguing because it consigns the blurred image (the person) to an abstract file, evidence, objective and selfless identity. What are the blurs in society today? Violence and surveillance blur freedom. Or is it surveillance protects freedom from the blur of violence? Is the cost of freedom bluring the violence of surveillance? A blur in the abstract. How to make the abstract concrete, the unseen seen? How you, as a photographer, have the audacity to take Leica glass in the service of a blurred image! Arguably, the world’s greatest lenses. Bravo! I’m thinking of Gerhard Richter using black-and-white photographs in the 60s as the subject for his paintings and blurring the images. The blur, in a way, fragments the image and forces the viewer to imagine what isn’t there to complete the fragment, to force it into focus, and construct in the mind’s eye the sense of totality, to engage in a visual dialogue that has meaning. A good photographer is one who creates the dialogue. Keep up your dialogue and we will be listening. The visual orchestra.

• Like 1

Thank you so much Ernest, I absolutely agree with your brilliant note above and I have nothing to add to it but maybe just a couple of things.

Uh, perhaps I'm a provocateur, but my intent is to leave absolutely free the observer to... see (or not to) whatever she/he wants... 

I often use number in my title(s) because the image is part of an ongoing series... but what you said about it is absolutely interesting!

Talking about my "audacity" of use a Leica lenses to produce blurred images... Uh, to be honest I'm not a person who love to read data sheets and techs, so...
What I really love of this M system is the fact that all these stuff are tiny and almost no one realizes even the presence of a camera, and first of all, the way this camera force/guide me in a kind of photography, at least for me, almost different from what I'm able to do with other systems, mainly when I use for my personal projects, 
Nevertheless I know M lenses are very good, and I use them in a far more "canonic" way when doing certain kind of assignments...
I apologize for my english, I hope to have been comprehensible enough.
Thanks again, really appreciated.

Max 

• Like 2

Thank you for you inspiration not only the pictures Max !

It reminds me that photography have to offer us much more than picture a situation

It is a speech that make us show emotions

And you do this perfectly.....

I thank you a lot, I'm very glad about that, maybe you're to generous with but... Thanks again!

Emotions indeed, that's your signature Max, and it's for us the viewer to read them and allow their voices.

And thanks so much to you as well Charles, I really, really appreciate your attention, believe me when I say that's so important to me...

We are have our honest moments were we found out again

that photography is more than technical perfect a picture

its a speech to transport our feelings

that is what made us all get "infected" with this "sort" of writing

and hopefuly we find the right "words" and topics

to reach the toughts and heart of many others

to share and connect

We are have our honest moments were we found out again

that photography is more than technical perfect a picture

its a speech to transport our feelings

that is what made us all get "infected" with this "sort" of writing

and hopefuly we find the right "words" and topics

to reach the toughts and heart of many others

to share and connect

I'm agree, thanks again for your attention.