I had the opportunity to borrow my friend's camera and go out and take some pictures.
- Both were shot in aperture priority and auto white balance.
- Leica was focused using live view and focus peaking, Canon was aimed at the same spot and shot using autofocus.
- Both were set at ISO 100. You will note that the Canon seems to have one stop faster light sensitivity - where the Leica will be at 1/4000, Canon 1/8000
- Both were shot in RAW and processed in Lightroom without any adjustments
- The Canon 5D Mk2 is a 21.1MP camera using the Canon EF 50/1.4 lens (worth AUD$700)
- The Leica M10 is 24MP camera using the Summilux ASPH 50/1.4 (worth AUD$6000)
Here is the first series, both shot at f/1.4:
IMG_3308.jpg 127.09KB 27 downloads
IMG_3308-100.jpg 88.85KB 18 downloads
Canon 5D, and 100% crop
L1001410.jpg 122.15KB 16 downloads
L1001410-100.jpg 76.84KB 16 downloads