50 lux vs 50 apo

FeralCoton

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My wife is life, the universe, and everything. She approved my purchase of the APO Summicron as it was a very pretty lens. "Much prettier than your other lenses!"

Who on earth is going to argue with that?

I am never going to dispute her judgement. :)

• Like 9

My wife is life, the universe, and everything. She approved my purchase of the APO Summicron as it was a very pretty lens. "Much prettier than your other lenses!"

Very jealous. Enjoy your APO :)

My wife said 'are you insane?' Though she did note it was a bit smaller.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This forum seems to solve problems for me and I appreciate that. I have a series 3 50mm Summicron - that's the late 60's-70's version. Nice little lens altho it really likes to flare out if shooting directly into some lights. Then I have second version of the 50mm Noctilux f1.0. I keep thinking I'd like to dump both of 'em and get the 50mm Summilux. Then I look at the small size of the Summicron. That version I have at 200 grams is lightest (I think) of all the Summicrons. Decent lens. The weight of the Noctilux is annoying although I certainly use it from time to time. Anyway, I'm hanging onto those two lenses. They perform nicely and I shoot for black & white so I'm not looking for some super sharp lens. An old (dearly departed) friend use to say, "sometimes your best pictures, aren't always your sharpest pictures."

Indeed.

• 3 weeks later...

Hands down my favorite Leica 50mm is the dual range summicron.  I just can't take it off of my M3.  Its rendering is so satisfying that I am selling my 50mm lux asph.  I wish I never bought the lux asph.  

I can't speak for the APO b/c I have never owned or used one.  But the price point just screams "come and get me sucker!"

Disclaimer:  I shoot only film.

:wub: Lovely classic ...not apo or asph.

Now Summicron DR usable on M sensor also.

:)

M10 can be used with SOMNI (50mm Dual Range) full range:

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/269876-m10-can-be-used-with-somni-50mm-dr-full-range/

• Like 1