UV filter for 109

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have the automatic lens cap, which is a great feature, but I haven't been able to find a filter to protect my lens.

Every normal filter is just too thick to allow the lens cap to close completely. I even bought a "slim" filter off eBay, but that's too thick.

I bought this lens cap: https://www.amazon.com/JJC-ALC-LX100-Panasonic-DMC-LX100-Camera/dp/B00TFAGFZ0

It replaces the front ring of the lens. It will close over all my filters, including a polarizer.

Yes, I considered that, but shelled out a bit more for the official Leica version, which is more compact. Which, as I discover, has its problem.

I want a filter, mainly to keep dust off the front lens element.

Yes, I considered that, but shelled out a bit more for the official Leica version, which is more compact. Which, as I discover, has its problem.

I want a filter, mainly to keep dust off the front lens element.

I bought this cap for exactly that reason, I wanted a filter to protect the front element but couldn't find one that would fit under the Leica cap.

Von COKIN - Frankreich - gibt (gab *) es einen aus der serie "PURE Harmonie".

* in Deutschland nicht lieferbar und in Frankreich auf der COKIN-preisliste nicht mehr gelistet, trotzdem kann ich den Filter dann in NL erwerben.

"Leica Automatikklappdeckel" mit "COKIN" slime-line-filter funktioniert seit zwei jahren problemlos.

Nachtrag: Einige zeit später war er bei COKIN France wieder gelistet. Ob es ihn aktuell noch gibt, weiß ich nicht.

Edited by kmhb
  • Like 2

Von COKIN - Frankreich - gibt (gab *) es einen aus der serie "PURE Harmonie".

* in Deutschland nicht lieferbar und in Frankreich auf der COKIN-preisliste nicht mehr gelistet, trotzdem kann ich den Filter dann in NL erwerben.

"Leica Automatikklappdeckel" mit "COKIN" slime-line-filter funktioniert seit zwei jahren problemlos.

Nachtrag: Einige zeit später war er bei COKIN France wieder gelistet. Ob es ihn aktuell noch gibt, weiß ich nicht.

Sadly, no stock in Australia.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have seen posts elsewhere saying that the Pure Harmonie UV filter will work with the Leica Auto Lens Cap.  I have not purchased it myself, though. From the pictures, it looks to be a very thin filter.

I have it and it is thin enough to work under the 3rd party auto lens cap. I think it may be producing some distortion in the corners though