Leica R lenses for Digilux 3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have the Leica Digilux 3 and recently i sold my Lumix GX8 on which I mounted my beautiful R lenses that I have after the R9. So now I really need to mount my R lenses on my Digilux 3 and many sellers I found they promise their adaptors they have and they advertise as MICRO FOUR THIRDS adaptors for R lenses will actually work but I am sure NO, because 4/3 system and micro four thirds systems are different. 

What I would appreciate is someone to give me a verified link where I can actually purchase online the adaptor for R lenses on the Digilux 3. Just I need help locating the proper seller .

Thank you very much

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

Welcome. You might try four-thirds, Panasonic DMC-L1 or Olympus E for the camera side of the adapter.

It appears that Novoflex carry one for the Leica R mount. I presume that there will be other options, but this is the first one I was able to find within minutes.

If you are OK with using the semi-cheap adapters then Chinese Roxsen has one for 13 USD with shipping.

"Leica R Mount L/R Lens to Olympus 4/3 Four Thirds Adapter" on eBay.

There were also some cheaper no-name options, but the "branded" ones are typically of somewhat better quality. My experience is that these Chinese non-optical adapters typically work quite well.

• 4 months later...

Does anyone know of a 4/3 or Micro-4/3 to M or L (or R) adapter?  There are plenty of M to 4/3 or Mirco-4/3 adapters (to use your M glass on the many 4/3, Micro-4/3 cameras); but I can’t find adapters that allow you to go the other way (i.e., use the many 4/3 or Micro-4/3 lenses on an M, L or R Leica camera).  I have some nice 4/3 lenses (e.g., Leica D lenses) that I’d love to use on my Leica CL or R cameras, but can’t for lack of an adapter...  Thanks in advance!

I have the Leica Digilux 3 and recently i sold my Lumix GX8 on which I mounted my beautiful R lenses that I have after the R9. So now I really need to mount my R lenses on my Digilux 3 and many sellers I found they promise their adaptors they have and they advertise as MICRO FOUR THIRDS adaptors for R lenses will actually work but I am sure NO, because 4/3 system and micro four thirds systems are different. 

What I would appreciate is someone to give me a verified link where I can actually purchase online the adaptor for R lenses on the Digilux 3. Just I need help locating the proper seller .

Thank you very muchattachicon.gif20170212_203258.jpgattachicon.gif20170212_203258.jpg

No need to bother w/ cheap Chinese products.  Leica makes this as OEM.  You’re looking for the Leica 18628 Adapter Leica R for 4/3 cameras.  They’re everywhere on eBay.  I bought mine the day after I bought my Leica Digilux 3, in 2014.  You should have no trouble finding them fairly inexpensively.  Cheers!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Leitz-Leica-18628-Adapter-Leica-R-on-4-3-Cameras/142607417131?hash=item2134107f2b:g:jhMAAOSw38Bag9SK