light grey dots on the newly replaced CCD sensor on the M9

howareyoukk

Advertisement (gone after registration)

UPDATE:

Second Sensor Replacement Is Happening. After receiving the camera back for sensor cleaning from a local dealer, there were still very visible light grey dots found on images taken with an aperture of f16 at a blue sky; however, what made the situation even worse was the appearing of a vertical white line, which suggested another dead pixel incident based on the information gathered from google. With the knowledge in mind, I sent the camera in again and one week later the leica agency in Australia informed my dealer that the alive pixel was not remappable for this camera and thus a new sensor replacement is needed, though the repair was prioritized and free of charge, I was told that the next available shipment of sensors were still weeks away.

As long as the sensor related issues are sorted out this time, I dont mind waiting for another sensor replacement since I have a leica m2. I will update you guys whenever new info is made available.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I just sent mine in to Wetzlar (via Leica Mayfair) for a replacement sensor. Apparently the sensor in this M9 was replaced back in 2015 with the older type sensor as the new ones were not available, but it was given a 5 year warranty, thank you, so the new sensor will be replaced under that warranty free of charge with the newer type.. great. However, the waiting time I have been given is until mid February. It is not my main camera but one that I really enjoy shooting with. It's worth the wait.