Bracketing with M9

FLSTF

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello,

I'm new to the m9 and have a problem with Bracketing.

I have a setup of 3/0/+/-/2 EV, which I thought would give me 3 pictures. However. the camera only shoot 1 picture.

Somebody told me that the camera does all the mixing and processing automatically. This could not be correct as I certainly would like to be part of that process myself. Or?

Any adwise as to what I'm missing or doing wrong will be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Tor

In the “set” menu switch bracketing on. Hold the shutter button depressed. The camera will take a set of differently exposed images. You should NOT set the camera to C. It only works in single shot mode.

In the “set” menu switch bracketing on. Hold the shutter button depressed. The camera will take a set of differently exposed images. You should NOT set the camera to C. It only works in single shot mode.

Not with my M9. Firmware 1.210.

There is no option to turn bracketing on or off. We set the number of bracketing exposures. Bracketing increments cannot be set, therefore they do not work. Regardless, the camera makes a number of exposures with no difference between frames.

Setting to 'S' has no effect.

Edited by pico

There are two settings: in the image parameters menu you enable or disable bracketing. In the main menu you set the parameters for the bracketing operation, such as number of exposures, sequence and increment. Hold the shutter release down until all exposures are done, or press it but briefly for each single exposure. The  latter option can be confusing as it appears to grossly under- or overexpose single frames.

I can't verify any of this as I just found the manual but I don't have an M9.

Edited by pop

Advertisement (gone after registration)

There are two settings: in the image parameters menu you enable or disable bracketing.

No such option that I can find.

OH! You might be referring to the SET menu!  Man that option is so far away from the main menu that I call bad, very bad options/menu design. And the main menu for number of exposures does nothing. The Set menu defaults to three frames. Taken together the feature just sucks.

Edited by pico

It works perfectly. You fix the number of exposures in the main menu, 3,5, or 7, you set the sequence and the increments in the same main menu - that is the one accessed by the menu button at the right-hand top. Then you use the set menu - which is the most directly accessed menu- by the lefthand lower button to switch the feature on or off.

Switch it on and depress the shutter in S mode until the camera has done its thing.

I just tested it on my M9 and it works flawlessly.

Pico - I call pilot error.