Eddy and his Monochrom

Paulus

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Last Friday I was visiting a lecture on War Photography in Den Hague. 

Eddy van Wessel was one of the speakers. He impressed me greatly.

:

http://www.eddyvanwessel.com

One thing: He's using a Monochrom and a " Film " M with black and white rolls. Told about the closeness the M provides him. People see him as a man who is using a camera which reminds them of their father or grandfather, rather than the big camera's of the news agencies. It allows him to come closer according to him. 

He only used Monochrom so that people can't ask  him: "Can the picture also be delivered in colour. " 

Really inspiring!

• Like 7

It might works in war zones. And in FSU Moscow in 1995 for sure, where RF cameras were made in millions. 

For me in Canada local politicians will act for me if I'm taking it with Leica and construction workers will ask if I'm from "the paper". But at least they stay still. I remember how one construction guy in Montreal was run from me and screaming "paparazzi" after I pointed DSLR at him.

Last time I took my digital and film M it was the Fall Fair. People talked to me and I was even given high five... 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...