Leica Q 2?

kelseyh

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor einer Stunde schrieb tgdinamo:

I also prefer the Q image. This actually reminds me why I made that choice back when I was deciding which camera to get (when I was viewing many examples in corresponding dedicated Q and CL image threads and generally preferred the Q images).

If its the case that we all prefer the Q image then it is probably just the poor CL image that is not right. We read here multiple times that between a Q and CL image you can hardly make out any difference. Plus in the pictures above was taken in good lighting conditions so that there should not be any visible difference between full frame and AP-C as with the APS-C you could have easily opened the aperture by one Light Value in order to give the sensor the same amount of light. And as we know the CL lenses are so terribly sharp that there is no explanation for the better Q image. You should have taken the TL lens 18mm f/2.8 set to f/2.8 to compare to Q set to f/2.0. ISO settings 200 on the Q and 100 in the CL. 

Edited by Alex U.
I can not think faster

1 minute ago, Alex U. said:

If its the case that we all prefer the Q image then it is probably just the poor CL image that is not right. We read here multiple times that between a Q and CL image you can hardly make out any difference. Plus in the pictures above we have good light so that there should not be a difference between full frame and AP-C as with the APS-C you could habe easily opened the aperture by one Light Value. And as we know that the CL lenses are so terribly sharp there is no explanation for the better Q image. You should have taken the TL lens 18mm f/2.8 to compare.

I'm not sure why the CL images never impressed me as much as Q images. Maybe it still has to do with my dislike of APS-C (I did try to move to Canon DSLR APS-C at some point back when I was using Canons, but did not like that at all - quickly moved back to Canon FF). Or maybe the main reason is the Q superb 28mm Sumilux (I generaly prefer most Q images even over the M images I have seen posted on the forums - and most M images people seem to post are either 35 or 50mm ..).