Advertisement (gone after registration)

On an elderly US convertible that is used (oddly enough) as an eye-catcher in a public garden in Spain.  M240, 60mm Macro Elmarit-R.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By stevegaskin
      I'm looking to 'play around' with some macro photography. Nothing serious at this stage so don't want to spend much.  I have a Novoflex R-SL adaptor which I use with a 50mm Summicron R I have and it works fine. Has anyone any thoughts on both the Elmarit-R f2.8 60mm and the Elmar-R f4 100mm, both of which seem to be reasonably priced on eBay. Any pitfalls to look out for and most importantly, will that work with the SL using manual and Focus Peaking?

Many thanks
    • By nwphil
      Used Leica M Macro-Elmar 90mm f/4: #11629 full kit
      Glass is clean, no haze or visible scratches. Shell has a small pincushion mark, and there is a slight wear-off on the aperture ring.
      Some very minor internal dust is visible not affecting IQ; aperture ring and focusing mechanism operate smoothly
      Complete kit with box, pouches, etc
      Buyer pays PP and shipping - $2300USD
      - not looking for trades; lowball offers will be politely ignored
      will ship internationally -  please inquiry/ask
      Feel free to ask any questions or for sample photos.
      Thanks for looking
    • By Les
      Is it possible to couple an iPhone to the SL2 so that it can be easily used to view from the front of a vertical copy setup with the camera facing down (e.g an enlarger or Bencher type arrangement).  I want to be able to copy slides, 35mm/6x6 negatives and prints.  If this can be done are there special cables or connectors that are best to use?  
    • By Alberti
      I recently bought an Orion-18 28mm F5.6 lens and coded it as Summaron. The lens has the same structure. [I like it for its compactness and low 'profile'.] I use it on my M240 but bought it for Monochrom.
      However, I notice some small tinge of purple on the top of this image in the sky.  Should I use an IR/UV filter on this lens like on the M8? The Orion accepts 40.5 mm filters. 
      This reminds me of the M8. I remember JaapV once said the M240 has some IR issues. And would [sometimes] need a light IR filter. I tried the M8 filters by Leica on the M240 but did not like the result. Probably way too strong.
      The following filters in 40.5 mm are available: 
      370-670nm  400-700nm  Which of the above is do you think appropriate?

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By 1234
      For unknown reason(s) an oddity is happening with indicated exposure times seen in viewfinder. After making an exposure, for the next two exposures there is no variation in indicated exposure time when panning about with camera. After the third exposure, the indication again varies properly as you pan about different scenes. Then repeats. As if there were an unwanted exposure lock mode in effect for 2nd and 3rd shot of a 3 shot sequence..
      Cannot find any obvious settings error likely to be the cause. The bracketing is set to 0.
      Tried to reload latest firmware but it "completes" in about two seconds so never happened. Does Leica determine the actual present checksum of the loaded firmware and decide that a reload is not necessary??
      What am I missing here? Thanks.