M10 wear

dennersten

I had that one time on my black chrome M6 almost at same place as your M10.

It turned out that an aluminium button leaved the aluminium trace.

When I rubbed it out, the black chrome of the M6 reappeared.

Maybe the same thing happened here, try with a rubber ...

Wow Halleluja. You are right. It goes away with a rubber! Thankyou very much! 

• Like 3

This does not look like the typical pattern of wear. Did you even try to remove it as many hear suggest?

I did now thanks and it worked!! Thanks everybody. I have 20 years with Leica and 23 Leicas and i have never been into this problem until now. 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

This does not look like the typical pattern of wear. Did you even try to remove it as many hear suggest?

Quite. It would be nice to know whether the marks can be removed.

The fact that there are also marks on the thumb-thingy, but no noticeable scratching on the glass screen suggests that it may be a residue rather than deeper damage.

If it is surface damage however, which I think would be surprising, it looks like it's been subjected to something quite unusually abrasive to be that bad over such a short time.

PS Edit: just seen dennersten's reply a few minutes ago. Glad there was a good outcome.

Edited by Peter H

I remember how frustrated I was the first time I discovered a big scratch back on my M10! It wasn't possible to wipe it off with my fingers. But when I came home and wiped it with a soft damp cloth, the scratch disappeared in a magical way. Big relief!

Edited by evikne

New question:  Are people finding that the leather straps on the M10 cause wear on the side of the camera?  Is the "old" cloth strap with the plastic protector a better option?

As the camera doesn't have plastic protectors (like the M9 and M240) almost any strap is likely to cause some wear.

I find the strap that came with the camera to be too stiff and scratchy altogether - best strap I've found is the Tie Her Up classic (tieherup.eu) it's lovely and soft and floppy, doesn't seem to make a mark and is reasonably priced. 

As the camera doesn't have plastic protectors (like the M9 and M240) almost any strap is likely to cause some wear.

I find the strap that came with the camera to be too stiff and scratchy altogether - best strap I've found is the Tie Her Up classic (tieherup.eu) it's lovely and soft and floppy, doesn't seem to make a mark and is reasonably priced.

Hey Jono

I'm using the same strap too on my M10, Black Classic on silver chrome

Loving it!

Utmost simplicity, excellent craftsmanship, soft, supple yet tough

Evris is a complete gentleman to deal with!

• Like 1

The strap that comes with the M10 has separate leather-ette "doggy-ears" that go between the metal "O" rings and the camera surface. There is no longer a need for the plastic protectors on the camera itself.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0253/1179/products/TBPhotography-7903_36a2f7c0-2763-46aa-948c-9354a380124f_1024x1024.jpg?v=1484781001

Correctly installed, I have had no wear at all from the default factory strap, using my M10 daily for 6 months and 9000 pictures.

• Like 1