What do we photograph on the streets?

colint544

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 8

Girls having fun...

T.

• Like 12

mikozia, I like your "Girls having fun" photo. It reminds me of one of my own. - John 

• Like 12

On 7/30/2018 at 7:22 PM, colint544 said:

London - Leica M2, 50mm Summilux ASPH, Kodak Portra 400

On 8/8/2018 at 12:01 AM, Ernest said:

There's that look of anticipation, yet there seems to be something of hesitation in her eyes peering down the track. She's isolated, motionless, while the background blur of mass transit creates that dialogue to answer her question: "Is that my connection?" The complementary colors of her blouse perfectly connect with the red blur. And that background, partitioned into thirds, two-thirds red and one-third white, helps offset the centered subject Stuart mentions. She looks real. Something is happening here.

On 9/7/2018 at 3:34 PM, lambda said:

(mono1+35cron/v4)

lambda.

On 9/8/2018 at 1:39 PM, Ernest said:

Tell me you never left, that you were simply hanging out at the Kafka Kaffe, musing over the plight of a wounded Gregor Samsa stranded--physically, psychologically, and metaphorically--by his disabled car at the Autohaus repair shop, unable to continue his itinerary for the day to show fabric samples to prospective customers that don't exist. Tell me that during the intermission, the theatre world of lambda was already arranging the stage with cast and props. "Do I have a camera?" he asks. Across the street, watching, stand the ghosts of Kafka, Beckett, and Pinter, amused. There is the resilience of residue here--the absurd with the abhorrent and the patina of alienation. It is what it is, though absent. The mantra of lambda's Monochrom is asking just under the breath, "What's at risk, today?" Applause just off the Autobahn.

I think Colin and Lambda have found their perfect commentator in Rog (Ernest).  If you haven't already done so, you gentlemen ought to consider collaborating on published works.  Colin's and Lambda's masterful images are each worthy of independent collections, and Rog's accompanying poetic descriptions could add a matched artistic accent...

My thanks to all three of you for making this a truly delightful and inspiring thread!  More please!

- Scott

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 4:04 PM, FHPdoc said:

I think Colin and Lambda have found their perfect commentator in Rog (Ernest).  If you haven't already done so, you gentlemen ought to consider collaborating on published works.  Colin's and Lambda's masterful images are each worthy of independent collections, and Rog's accompanying poetic descriptions could add a matched artistic accent...

My thanks to all three of you for making this a truly delightful and inspiring thread!  More please!

- Scott

Thanks for the charitable thoughts, but I am humbled by the sheer poetry of vision in Colin's and Torsten's work. Both have a unique slant on a psychological landscape, and what is captivating is that there is no way to telegraph which way it's going to slide. Rest assured, their work never ceases to surprise and tease.

Cheers,
Rog

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 4/4/2019 at 9:15 AM, ropo54 said:

EXCELLENT portrait, Rob!  This photograph is a real departure from your usual photos that reflect a happy, safe, wonderful way of life.  This guy looks like a gang member (and I hope it's not your son-in-law!! 🤣)  Would love to see more like this!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Likaleica said:

EXCELLENT portrait, Rob!  This photograph is a real departure from your usual photos that reflect a happy, safe, wonderful way of life.  This guy looks like a gang member (and I hope it's not your son-in-law!! 🤣)  Would love to see more like this!

Thank you, Tim and so nice of you to say. (No, not my son in law).  

A well intentioned, but misguided young man.  Regards, Rob

• Like 1

Camden Market, London.

M8 with 50/1.4 Summilux asph

• Like 7

Bobbies.

M8 with 50/1.4 Summilux asph

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

"Let's get the party started!"

M8 with Voigtlander 35/1.2 Nokton v1

• Like 3

"I've got my heart set on the crown jewels."

M8 with 28/1 Summicron asph Mk1

• Like 4

On 4/19/2019 at 12:04 AM, FHPdoc said:

- Scott

On 4/20/2019 at 12:18 AM, Ernest said:

Thanks for the charitable thoughts, but I am humbled by the sheer poetry of vision in Colin's and Torsten's work. Both have a unique slant on a psychological landscape, and what is captivating is that there is no way to telegraph which way it's going to slide. Rest assured, their work never ceases to surprise and tease.

Cheers,
Rog

Guys,

I almost don't know what to say. But thanks for the very kind words. I'm impressed with much of what people post on here, and it's nice that we all appreciate one another's work, and for how rewarding it can be to pluck a photograph we're pleased with, from an everyday scene.

Very best wishes,

Colin

• Like 3

Glancing.

T w/Vario-Elmar-T 55-135 ASPH.

• Like 5

Frankfurt am Main, Germany

Sharif

• Like 2

On 4/19/2019 at 7:18 PM, Ernest said:

Cheers,
Rog

Rog,  Even your polite parry lures me to want to revisit each of Colin's and Torsten's individual posts and explore those psychological landscapes.  Yes, impossible to telegraph where they will lead--isn't that part of the mystery and excitement of great art?--but your descriptions entice us to linger and dig deeper to discover what assuredly lies beneath.  Think of how many more novices like me who could awaken to greater insights through their photography with just a little bit of your nudging and hand-holding!

One never really "retires"--even seasoned English professors...  😉

• Like 1

JCube Ice Rink, Singapore

M6, Cron35

• Like 14

Untitled by JM__, on Flickr

Galerie Vivienne by JM__, on Flickr

Au Louvre by JM__, on Flickr

21 Elmarit pre asph on M10

Galerie Vivienne by JM__, on Flickr

Au Palais Royal by JM__, on Flickr

21 Elmarit pre asph on M10