colint544

What do we photograph on the streets?

Tim, this series worries me deeply. Not because you have posted them, but because of the prevalence of guns being openly carried in the hands of ordinary people on the streets. Also because there is a total lack of respect for Social Distancing. Both of these factors lead too easily to death. I know that sounds extreme, but the blunt facts are true. I worry that you are illustrating some of the facts of our society that are rampaging the world at present.

You capturing of these scenes is fine and I am not criticizing you, but rather the society at large that is portrayed.

Where I live, Social Distancing is not well practiced, but some attempts are made. I hope never to see guns carried, like in your images, on our streets.

37 minutes ago, erl said:

Tim, this series worries me deeply. Not because you have posted them, but because of the prevalence of guns being openly carried in the hands of ordinary people on the streets. Also because there is a total lack of respect for Social Distancing. Both of these factors lead too easily to death. I know that sounds extreme, but the blunt facts are true. I worry that you are illustrating some of the facts of our society that are rampaging the world at present.

You capturing of these scenes is fine and I am not criticizing you, but rather the society at large that is portrayed.

Where I live, Social Distancing is not well practiced, but some attempts are made. I hope never to see guns carried, like in your images, on our streets.

This trend toward anarchy is indeed disturbing.  None of these people - who represent extremists on both sides - seemed exceptionally bright to me.  Other than the black gentleman talking to the two, let's say bald gentlemen.  He had it together and we've been in touch since then.  The newspaper articles the following day were pathetic.  The mayor pandered.  The police were great - cool and calm.  

The protesters chanted, "Fuck the police, drag 'em through the streets," and "Defund the police," but when skirmishes broke out they ran to them for help.  They didn't see the irony.

But "it is what it is."  We can be lemmings and let the politicians and the media lead us around by the nose, or we can think for ourselves and not be swept up in hateful rhetoric.

That's "what we photograph on the streets" in Idaho in these times.

Am 10.6.2020 um 12:46 schrieb colint544:

Thank you. It's funny, as much as that picture is six years old, it was only when I looked at it again the other day, that I noticed the man on the far left. He's on a poster, but initially appears to be real, at a window, and inexplicably happy about something.

Oh I didn`t realise it's a poster! I noticed the man instantly but missed that detail! Great shot! 

55 minutes ago, Peter91 said:

Oh I didn`t realise it's a poster! I noticed the man instantly but missed that detail! Great shot! 

Thank you!