Help New TL2 Focusing problems with R lens

angeche

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi there, I have bought a Leica TL2 this week. When shooting with the 23mm Leica T lens in manual mode I have both magnified focus and peak focusing. But when shooting with my Leica R lens and a third party adapter I have neither peak focusing nor magnified focus, thus rendering the camera useless with R lens. Am I doing something wrong?

There's a menu option to choose whether you want magnification, peaking, both, or neither. And you can assign magnification to the left dial. R telephotos are my most-used lenses on the TL2, and I am well satisfied with the results I get using the TL2's focus aids.

Do you have peak focusing? From the beginning I have selected peak focusing and magnification in the menu but there is no peak focusing...

And yes, assigning magnification to the left dial was how I managed to have magnification...

Do you have peak focusing? From the beginning I have selected peak focusing and magnification in the menu but there is no peak focusing...

And yes, assigning magnification to the left dial was how I managed to have magnification...

I can see focus peaking highlights at the 3x level of magnification, barely visible on some edges at 6x.  On the TL2 I rely on magnification, usually at 6x; whereas I use only the unmagnified shimmer on the T.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Peaking only works on areas of fairly high contrast, depending on the scene, as you increase magnification the contrast disappears. I've been comparing the Olympus and Sony and even with there phase detect systems the more you zoom in manual focus the less if any peaking appears.

• 1 year later...