Angelo Pelle half case for M10?

Keith_W

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi all, I am considering an Angelo Pelle half case for my M10. If I am not mistaken, some versions of this case incorporate a battery/SD card door, but I am not able to find any pictures showing how the case is mounted or how it works. I would also be concerned about keeping the tripod hole centered in the lens axis. 

Does anybody have this case and can comment on my questions? 

Hi all, I am considering an Angelo Pelle half case for my M10. If I am not mistaken, some versions of this case incorporate a battery/SD card door, but I am not able to find any pictures showing how the case is mounted or how it works. I would also be concerned about keeping the tripod hole centered in the lens axis.

Does anybody have this case and can comment on my questions?

I have the Arti Di Mano half case which I love, it’s very well built and fits the M10 like a glove. Personally, I would not recommend the battery door version because I believe in leaving things as the engineers intended it, and also because the added height of the case makes the M10 much easier to hold.

You can see the case at my instagram at: https://instagram.com/p/BZTeTfOndwq/

I looked at both for my M-240 and they had ones for the M-10 as well.

The Pelle uses the strap/snap over the top of the strap lug and th di Mano does not. It is cleaner and less bulky at the top.  It uses a tripod screw and has a standard socket for tripod mount. It is centered on the lens axis.

The Di Mano is very well fitted and made and the battery door works flawlessly and quick. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I have a half case from Luigi Roma and it is absolutely beautiful. They offer both: the model with and without the opening. I bought the one without. therefore I have to use the base plate of the camera. After I have that case now over half a year I am persuaded that the one with the opening not using the base plate would have been much more convenient. As you have to take out and change the battery every day you have to take off and remount that case every day. Of cours you have to have access to the atorage card as well. As a matter of fact you take off and put on that case st least once a day. So if I had to make the decisin today I would clearly go fot the opening.

Thank you for your messages, everyone! Especially @jdlaing for posting images. May I ask, how much thickness it adds to the case?

I personally don't think it adds much thickness. Opinions vary on that. I like the grip and the protection. The ones with the straps/snaps add a bit too much for me but again a personal preference.