Nitecore Charger for M240

stephengv

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Actually, mAh are milliampère-hours, i.e. milliampères multiplied by hours. It's the unit of the charge a battery can hold at the voltage given by the battery: a 1600 mAh battery can deliver a current of 1600 mA during one hour (or 800 during two hours, and so on).

I don't know what the numbers on the Nitecore chargers stand for, but a number with the unit mAh which increases during charging might express the charge of the battery at any given time. A decreasing number might mean the amount of charge left to be moved into the battery. But then, the numbers might mean something else.

• Like 1

Yes, I have the manual, but if you read through that sheet, it does not say what the displays mean, or what indication there is when charging is complete.   That is what I meant by a "sparse" manual.

You  and pop are correct however, it does show "end" when charging is complete.   Thanks for your help.

Anyone know what the changing 'mah' displays indicate about the battery or charge conditions?   I understand the battery icon display and the final charged voltage dispaly, but not the two changing mah readings.

If you look on the Nietcore product page advertising the charger, you should see an explanation of the LED display readouts.

• Like 1

It's the first time I heard of Leica charger failures. Can you give more info? does it affect the M240 chargers? 

The compact chargers that shipped with the M9 have a reputation for breaking down.  It's happened to me and a few other people I know.  In comparison, the bulky brick that shipped with the original M8 was as reliable as a brick outhouse.  

I can stomach the cost of Leica M cameras and lenses because they are unique, but not the cost of accessories like their chargers, so I'm quite pleased that a reputable company has come out with a competing product.  I've ordered two myself, one for the M9 and one for the M240.  The USB charging function is worth the price of entry alone.  

No more will I have to take a plug adapter or figure 8 cable with me when I go away.

If you look on the Nietcore product page advertising the charger, you should see an explanation of the LED display readouts.

Thanks for this.   Apparently I did not scroll down far enough to get to the explanation of charging current and battery capacity!    Too bad it isn't in the 'instructions' for future reference.

Edited by RonM

Thanks for this.   Apparently I did not scroll down far enough to get to the explanation of charging current and battery capacity!    Too bad it isn't in the 'instructions' for future reference.

Not battery capacity, but the number of mAh added this charge cycle.   When you start charging a battery the reading in mAh starts at zero and increases as the battery is charged.   It matters not the current state of charge of the battery.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have the M240 charger for my M262. Works well when you have a minimum of 2 amp output power supply going to the USB port of the. charger, either from 110v charger or a battery pack. I've tried charging with a 1 amp output battery pack and with a 1 amp output 110v USB charger (iPhone). Battery receives about a 3/4 charge and then the charger shuts down. Could be a heat issue, not sure as I didn't stand over the Nitecore unit while it was charging. Aside from that it works great. The Nitecore case does say "Input: 2 amps."

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
Guest jvansmit

I originally bought Nitecore chargers as back-up chargers for my M9M and Q when traveling but they are so convenient that I now use them all the time.

After experiencing a power cut in SE Asia last year, I found they work well with my Zendure A3 power bank too:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Zendure also make the A8 power bank which will charge an iPhone 7 about 8-10 times...the A3 I have is good for 3-4 times.

• Like 1

Thank You for bringing this charger to my attention!  I just ordered one from B&H before I'd even finished reading this thread.  It will go in the car permanently and I'll leave the expensive LEICA charger in a secure and comfortable spot on my desk.

Now, can you point me to the dealer that sells the current 50mm Summilux-M for $2,695?  :rolleyes:

Actually, mAh are milliampère-hours, i.e. milliampères multiplied by hours. It's the unit of the charge a battery can hold at the voltage given by the battery: a 1600 mAh battery can deliver a current of 1600 mA during one hour (or 800 during two hours, and so on).

I don't know what the numbers on the Nitecore chargers stand for, but a number with the unit mAh which increases during charging might express the charge of the battery at any given time. A decreasing number might mean the amount of charge left to be moved into the battery. But then, the numbers might mean something else.

Yes, and an Ampere is a Coulomb per second. A Coulomb is a measure of charge, i.e. number of electrons. So the number with units of mAh is, at least in theory, is most likely some form of measure of how many electrons are stored in your battery.