Extension tubes

fotoism

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I was cleaning out my drawer and found these 4 pieces of extension tubes. Could someone please help me identify them?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

The two pieces in front has no item number, only the inscriptions shown on front and back. Both has 39mm threads on male and female ends. It fits perfectly fine into the Telyt 200/4 lens.

The one at the upper left has an "F" on it, 39mm threads on both ends, and is about 15mm tall without threads.

The piece at the upper right has 42mm female thread, 39mm male thread, no inscription, and is about 23mm tall without threads.

My first questions is: What is the catalog number for the two front row extensions?

My second question is: Are the two at the back row Leica rings at all? And if yes....

My third questions is: What are the catalog numbers for them?

Appreciate any light shed on these by the experts out there!

Hello Phil,

If the 39mm tubes are 39 X 1:

The 39mm extension tubes in the front look like they are for the 200mm F4.5 Telyt & the 200mm F4 Telyt. 

As well as other lenses that fit the Visoflex I directly.

If the 42mm tube is 42 X 0.75:

The extension tubes in the back are for the lens heads of the 135mm F4.5 Hektor & the 135mm F4 Elmar (42mm).

The 42 X 0.75 tube is for the lens head. The 39 X 1 tube is an extension tube for the combination of the 42 X 0.75 tube with the lens head attached.

Best Regards,

Michael

Edited by Michael Geschlecht
  • Like 1

The two in front are variations of the MOOSP, later 14020.

The larger in back on the right seems to be an UOOVH - to use the Hektor lens head on the Bellows I.

The ring marked „F“ could belong to a combination - to be used on a stand for reproductions, perhaps MOORB though I am very insecure.

• Like 1

Thank you UliWer.

I did a bit more digging and you were right: The "F" tube ( not being impolite here ;-) ) is indeed part of a set of extension tubes. I was able to find FVOOQ (F) 15mm 16640; BOOXK (B)7mm; GVKOO (G) 30mm 16645; and FULHI 90mm 16648. It is possible there are even more components than what I found out here. I cannot find a catalog number for BOOXK and no letter code for FULHI, but I am satisfied I am able to identify what I have on hand. I meant in my drawer. ^_^

Thank you UliWer.

I did a bit more digging and you were right: The "F" tube ( not being impolite here ;-) ) is indeed part of a set of extension tubes. I was able to find FVOOQ (F) 15mm 16640; BOOXK (B)7mm; GVKOO (G) 30mm 16645; and FULHI 90mm 16648. It is possible there are even more components than what I found out here. I cannot find a catalog number for BOOXK and no letter code for FULHI, but I am satisfied I am able to identify what I have on hand. I meant in my drawer. ^_^

BOOXK apparently doesn't exist in my docs... it should be indeed BOOXZ (I think it never had a 5 digits code - probably no more listed at the times of "code switch")

Laney quotes also an "M" series of similar tubes, scaled on the base of reproduction ratio - MOOBG MOODH MOOGW - 1:2 1:1,5 1:1

• Like 1