I got the new Leica Q today...

Anika

Same route: started with the Q and ended up selling my a7rii for the SL. The SL is a beast. The Q is the same!

I keep thinking about adding the SL to the Q and leaving the RF to my film Ms -- yes I view the SL as an SLR in experience (TTL, WYSIWYG). How do you like the combo, and do you have SL lenses for the SL?

I made my Q perfect with new flash SF40 - all I need now is a nice strap :-)

There are many great straps as shown on this forum. I have the Arte Di Mano case and matching 125cm strap. I love it. Luxurious every time I use it. Expensive. Worth it to me. Good luck finding one that works for you.

I keep thinking about adding the SL to the Q and leaving the RF to my film Ms -- yes I view the SL as an SLR in experience (TTL, WYSIWYG). How do you like the combo, and do you have SL lenses for the SL?

For me, the combo is perfect.  I use 28mm on everything (street photog, campaign shots-an overall go to cam).  The SL as well, or starting to.  I have the 50mm sl lux.

• Like 1

The Q is a fantastic camera, but it has its limitations. The SL is also a fantastic camera, but it is more versatile. That's why I think it's good to have both, which gives one the ability to choose the kit that best suits a particular photographic project or assignment. Sometimes it makes sense to carry both. As for myself, I have no history with Leica rangefinders, so I feel no sense of allegiance to them. It seems to me that more than a few SL owners have largely stopped using their Ms, though not all, to be sure.

• Like 1

M9, M240 and M10 are the way to keep the legend of the M6, M7 etc. Only who had or wanted the Leica in the past, would really want the digital version of it. I could not afford the M6 or M7 that time and was able to get one now, so I got the one from today - the M10.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The Q is a fantastic camera, but it has its limitations. The SL is also a fantastic camera, but it is more versatile. That's why I think it's good to have both, which gives one the ability to choose the kit that best suits a particular photographic project or assignment. Sometimes it makes sense to carry both. As for myself, I have no history with Leica rangefinders, so I feel no sense of allegiance to them. It seems to me that more than a few SL owners have largely stopped using their Ms, though not all, to be sure.

This is exactly my story... I never had any experience with Leica before the Q,

Bought a Q. Loved it. Bought an SL.