I got the new Leica Q today...

Anika

I guess the Q will be my everyday camera and the M10 just for the moments, I really want to be "more" creative. I intend to get the new Summicron 35mm for my M10, so it will give me 50 Summilux with 35 Summicron and the Q will bring the 28mm and 35mm (crop) plus video into the set.

...and what can I say, I am surprised how good it is and how much Leica-idea it transfers: small, easy to use, good quality and always ready for a picture. I feel guilty about the M10 I also have, but the new sister is just so much fun to use :-)

It is so good, I am at this very moment selling all my Fujinon lenses (6) and X-E2 on the "bay" and from now on will solely shoot with the Q ('til I get my hands on an M10...Lol!).

The Q was my introduction to Leica world. The overall design, workmanship and, of course, IQ blew me away. Within a short period of time, I acquired an SL, which is similarly mind-blowing.   

I was formerly a Sony user and was generally satisfied with my kit. I have since sold my RX1 and have not touched my trusty A7ii. Fortuitously, I had been using mostly adapted M-mount lenses on that camera, so so a major investment in lenses for the SL will not be necessary. Or perhaps it wasn't fortuitous, and the camera gods intended all along for me to end up with Leica.  :D 

Rob

• Like 1

The Q was my introduction to Leica world. The overall design, workmanship and, of course, IQ blew me away. Within a short period of time, I acquired an SL, which is similarly mind-blowing.

I was formerly a Sony user and was generally satisfied with my kit. I have since sold my RX1 and have not touched my trusty A7ii. Fortuitously, I had been using mostly adapted M-mount lenses on that camera, so so a major investment in lenses for the SL will not be necessary. Or perhaps it wasn't fortuitous, and the camera gods intended all along for me to end up with Leica. :D

Rob

Same route: started with the Q and ended up selling my a7rii for the SL. The SL is a beast. The Q is the same!

Edited by mr_aznar
  • Like 1

I made my Q perfect with new flash SF40 - all I need now is a nice strap :-)

... and more than plenty of advice and suggestions on that in various topics on this forum!

I guess it depends upon your style of photography but I got the SF40 early on and have rarely used it as the available light shots with the Q are so good.

• Like 1

I got my Q about 2 months ago.  I have to admit that after shooting with Canon for the last 10 years I was really uneasy with the Q for the first couple of weeks.  Until I fell in love with it.  It's so easy to use, so natural, the image quality, it's just spectacular.  

The 28 focal length... well, I would rather a 35, but it still doesn't take much to get used to.

• Like 1