Superb Novoflex Tripod: 4 section Carbon Fibre Compact

Collieslave

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A month or so ago I bought a Novoflex Magic Ball Mini ball head to use on a Nest travel tripod. I was enormously impressed by the quality of engineering in the Magic Ball - and so I have just bought a Novoflex "Triopod" (as they call it!) to go with it. Again, the sheer quality of this tripod is outstanding - and it doesn't have a centre column (I do not like centre columns!). Its maximum height is 125cm (49 and a bit inches) but, with the Magic Ball on top, I barely have to stoop (I'm 5 foot 10 inches) to see through the viewfinders of my IIIf or IIIg. The tripod is extremely stable and has several click stops for leg angles, and it comes with three short simple legs to form a mini tripod. The main legs are readily interchangeable (they unscrew from the 'spider') so that longer legs may be fitted if needed. The whole thing just oozes quality - and I like the fact that the tripod is made in Germany to go with my Leicas.It comes with a quality bag that is long enough to take the tripod with the Magic Ball on it. The cost is a little in excess of £400 but, quite honestly, I have yet to see and handle any other make of tripod (and I've had a few top makes in my time) that compares in terms of engineering excellence! I love it!

I hasten to add that I have NO connection with Novoflex as anything other than a satisfied customer.

Edited by Collieslave

So, what you chose is a real tripod, no?

I'm astounded that Novoflex makes a 4-legged 'pod.

It makes no sense at all.

It must make some sense to some people - the four-legged 'pod has been in production for some years - Novoflex wouldn't keep making it if people didn't buy it, would they?