M-D (typ 262) how to change folder and files names ?

a.noctilux

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello,

M-D is very nice and (almost) everything I know about it is ( "not" ) there as expected :) .

Very happy to change my practice with this no-chimping digital M philosophy.

With other Ms before, I didn't chimp ( LCD review always off ), but the handling and more subtle things are wonderful with M-D.

How to change folder and files name ?

In the manual page 90 not clear if it's possible or not:

Data structure on the memory card

"The 100LEICA, 101LEICA, etc. folders can each hold up to 9999 pictures".

That's all :( .

Only one thing so far bother me and I tried like naming in computer a folder in DCIM as 101LEICA for example.

But when in use, the files names continue with L100xxxx in that 101LEICA folder of SD card.

Have done also renaming files L101xxxx in 101LEICA but file names continue when M-D records pictures L100xxxx, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Arnaud

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I also like the M-D... Once the 100LEICA folder is copied to my computer and renamed as I wish for that batch, I use a little program called A Better Finder Rename to rename all the files in the folder. It uses the folder name as a basis for the file renames and then can add a sequence number to each file in order. This is on the Mac but the app may be available for other systems, and/or a similar alternative. Very useful!

Doug

• Like 1

Thanks Doug for your renaming program.

I can do that with other softs also.

;) I'll keep it simple (as M-D philosophy and life is simple don't we too complicate things).

In SD card, when I copy files to computer, folder name is created and name is "+1" each time: so I know that this last is new folder.

Even if the file names don't change, I know that the next files/folder copy is from the last folder.

:rolleyes:

M-D always writes new files in last folder (with biggest number).