New M10 Monochrome.........maybe?

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Are we likely to see a new M10 Monochrome?. 80% of my photography is now B&W, converting Leica Soo7 files to B&W is in my onion better than what you can get from the M246.

But I'm not asking about the M246 I am asking if we think Leuca will make a M10 for B&W only...........I would be very interested in that especially with the better viewfinder that is on the M10

Neil

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

You have serious GAS this morning Neil...

unfortunatly yes Andy. Three of my colleagues had to leave my office this morning while we opened the windows to clear the air :) :)

Neil

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Advertisement (gone after registration)

How about the Monochrom S008 that's due out soon? It's said to do a nice B&W photo.

I have one on pre-order.

(It's possible that not every detail of this statement is 100% accurate.)

Looks like your spell checker is following along the same limes as me Peter :) :) :)

The Monochrom M 10 will probably some day arrive,because the concept is good,  but will take it's time, ( a few months before the M 11 will arrive ? )  especially because Leica still is working to stock shops with M10 at a pace of 75 camera's a day.

M9 release: September 2009

M9 Monochrom release: September 2012

M-240 Release: announced September 2012, but arrived end of February 2013

M- 246 Mono release: May 2015

M10 release: in stores January 2017

So, if it follows the 3-year gap between original Monochrom and its successor, we should see one in May of 2018.  But if it instead follows the two-year gap of the M-246 following the M-240, I'm afraid we won't see one until January 2019. 

Best guess: somewhere between this coming May and the following January.

Lotta gas can build up over time...

• Like 1

Would be worth Leica's while to develop yet another sensor for the M10 when it is likely to be pretty similar to that of the monochrome 246. I would have thought more likely that they will release at some future date, a monochrome version of the M-240's replacement. 

Wilson

M9 release: September 2009

M9 Monochrom release: September 2012

M-240 Release: announced September 2012, but arrived end of February 2013

M- 246 Mono release: May 2015

M10 release: in stores January 2017

So, if it follows the 3-year gap between original Monochrom and its successor, we should see one in May of 2018. But if it instead follows the two-year gap of the M-246 following the M-240, I'm afraid we won't see one until January 2019.

Best guess: somewhere between this coming May and the following January.

Lotta gas can build up over time...

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/275937-m10m/?fromsearch=1

Jeff

• Like 1

Are we likely to see a new M10 Monochrome?. 80% of my photography is now B&W, converting Leica Soo7 files to B&W is in my onion better than what you can get from the M246.

But I'm not asking about the M246 I am asking if we think Leuca will make a M10 for B&W only...........I would be very interested in that especially with the better viewfinder that is on the M10

Neil

you REALLY want to use filters? M10 gives you all filters you need in post

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

you REALLY want to use filters? M10 gives you all filters you need in post

Hi Andy

Really not sure what you mean about needing or not needing filters. I was asking if Leica will be producing a M10 MM

Neil

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Andy

Really not sure what you mean about needing or not needing filters. I was asking if Leica will be producing a M10 MM

Neil

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Briefly, Neil, you use filters on the lens with the Monochrom to influence the shades of gray produced by different colors on the sensor. With a monochromatic camera you can't make any changes to color information after the exposure, whereas with color files you can alter the colors that construct the black and white image as you desire at any time.

Briefly, Neil, you use filters on the lens with the Monochrom to influence the shades of gray produced by different colors on the sensor. With a monochromatic camera you can't make any changes to color information after the exposure, whereas with color files you can alter the colors that construct the black and white image as you desire at any time.

Eh, Neil asks why this guys talks about filter when he didn't mention filters at all in his original post and now you start explaining why filters are used in b&w as a reaction to his question. It's almost comical.

I nag my dealer monthly, and the answer is consistently the same, "not for a long time".  His time frame puts it somewhere in late 2018...  

I don't think your dealer really would know something. Leica has not been eager to spill such kind of information one year ahead...

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

I knew that back in 2012 when I owned a Monochrome ..............thanks for reminding em

Eh, Neil asks why this guys talks about filter when he didn't mention filters at all in his original post and now you start explaining why filters are used in b&w as a reaction to his question. It's almost comical.

John

Lots of people on here like to sidetrack a thread..............They obviously don't know where the "Start New Thread" button is :)

Neil

I don't think your dealer really would know something. Leica has not been eager to spill such kind of information one year ahead...

I know... but he talks to the local rep, goes to Germany ~4 times a year... it's just my way of making sure he knows what I want :)  And yes, I talk to the regional rep too.  It's a grass roots campaign :)