Uhl Blackbird case....

Linford

Philistine! :lol: 

Proven in use by major pro photojournalists, street shooters and documentary professionals.

I must agree, I cannot imagine anybody defacing his camera with something like this. At 700 $ too.

• Like 1

My horror is reserved for the price. If they were £600 less and I found one hanging up in a shop I would certainly try it out, but I see nothing that would incentivise me even to go and visit the maker - which seems like the only way to find out if it's worth it.

Yes, this is the former Fast & Prime stuff - looks like rebranding and new website.

Edited by LocalHero1953
  • Like 1

Thanks for the feedback, gang. As Echo63 said, it is to be worn like a holster. I generally wear my M's naked on a strap by Harry Benz or TieHerUp. I was just thinking of it as an alternative with a finger strap. I'll let you know how it goes if I decide to try it. Cheers--linford

• 2 weeks later...

Well gang--I was too intrigued and decided to give it a go. Neal and I have been back and forth on the details and it seems to be that these really are bespoke and made to an individuals particular wants and fits. We'll see if it holds up to the price it commands. They have been very responsive with their communication-to me that is always a good sign. Stay tuned. I am expecting a late October delivery. I'll be sure and share my thoughts and some photos. Cheers--lt

Edited by Linford
  • Like 1

That's UK pounds.  $935 at today's exchange.  Not that I would use one if they paid me to take it. 

Let's be patient and kind--Phillistine, really? We will know soon enough. I will provide some photos. Needless to say, I hope it is a pleasant surprise. I have used Luigi's cases on all of my Leicas over the years. However, after using a hand strap on the SL and liking it, I was attracted to the finger strap idea and a harness type of a case for the M. Though I wear a Leica everywhere I go, they are tools of great enjoyment to me and I for one do not see them as a fashion statement. I have enjoyed all of your comments and feedback. --lt (Philistine)

• 3 months later...