Black Paint M4?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I think I own too many film cameras: M2, M5, R6.2, Nikon F, and Mamiya 645 but I have my eye on a very nice black paint film M.  I know it works the same as a chrome body there is something about that black enamel finish.  I would give serious consideration to selling the other M bodies since I honestly don't take enough photos to support that many cameras.  And it is $1700 cheaper then an MA or MP and looks better IMHO.

I am sure others here have more cameras then they need but at 64 I believe I am entitled to a few extravagant purchases.  Would you?

• Like 1

When you see one BP M4 in real, you can't resist to take it in your hands.

When you have that in your hands, it's too late.

In my BP Leica, only "late '30s III converted to IIIf Black Paint" has that quality of lacquer lost in later M (after BP M4 it's BP M6ttl/MP , 30 years gap )

Buying on line don't have that feeling, you may resist :p .

YES! I know you can only shoot one camera at a time, but by that same logic you should only own one pair of underwear also (I have at least 2  :D).  I own 9 film cameras (3 of them Leica) and find that each has its own raison d'etre.

Edited by plaidshirts
  • Like 2

YES! I know you can only shoot one camera at a time, but by that same logic you should only own one pair of underwear also (I have at least 2 :D). I own 9 film cameras (3 of them Leica) and find that each has its own raison d'etre.

LOL. Two pairs of underwear, never thought of that. I'm off to buy another pair! Washing day will be a bit less exciting but I see your point. :D

• Like 2