BjarniM

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just found out that my next M246 suffers from sensor issues. My first M246 was replaced because there was an error with the sensor on the first one, and now it's happening all over with the M246 which replaced the first one with sensor error; i have to send my next M246 to service.

Three years ago i jumped in the water: I switched to Leica from Nikon (and a short period with Canon) after 25 years without any techinical faults or issues what so ever, and i never looked back. That is until now, because i'm wondering if i really want to stay with Leica after these experiences after all.

Three years with severe errors on two different digital bodies (sensors).

- Is this sufficent enough?

- What would you expect from Leica's customer service in this matter?

- Would you go the other way around again, turn the back on Leica and return to Nikon based upon the experiences these (first) three years?

Or shall i just tolerate this?

Edited by BjarniM

Bjarni -

I can certainly understand your frustration and quandary.  Perhaps answering these questions will help you decide:  Other than the camera failures, how well did your Leica shooting meet your needs?  Other than the camera failures, how much did you enjoy using Leicas?   Are you missing anything important or critical using Leicas vs. Nikon?

Your thoughts?

• Like 1