Macbookpro 13" touchbar runningtime?

Paulus

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I bought a Macbook pro : MacBook Pro 13" Touch 2.9 i5 DC 8GB 256GB Zilver on 10 Januari 2017 .

The battery capacity with running Microsoft"word" ( typing for 4 hours ) + safari is 7 hour. from 99% to 5%

Any experience with such a battery capacity. I used to have an  11 year Ibook with about the same capacity.. :( 

Does anyone knows if it has something to do with adobe creatives suite PS and Lightroom , although their application is shut. 

I thought this Mac would last a whole day, but my days are getting shorter..

• 4 weeks later...

If it's brand new, you can take it back to an official store and ask, they'll run all sort of diagnostics for you.

A closed app won't affect battery life, unless it has system daemons running in the background.

has already happened. "The Mac works as it should" , they say. " The 10 hours is only if the Macbookpro plays tunes with the screen off. " 6,5/ 7 Hours work on word or excel with mail on is all it will get.  

I know this is not comforting but I get the same battery life.

If I use graphic intensive apps it can dive to three hours, or less.

(it seems the 15" and 13" suffer equally)

Edited by pico
  • Like 1

Undoubtedly they test the battery under ideal conditions, so they can substantiate their claim. It is the same with electric cars. One needs to be lucky to get 2/3rds of the advertised range.

I tend to discount endurance claims on any piece of battery-driven gear by 30%.

In any case, I can recommend the Battery Health app to monitor the state of your  Macbook battery.

• 1 month later...

I hate fingerprints on my screen.  At work I positioned my computer so guests could not reach it.

After an office remodel,  I placed a file cabinet where the guest chair went.  The boss wanted to know where guests were to sit.   Answer nowhere & they do not hang around and I can get some work done.

So touch screens and that sort of thing are not my thing.  I really dislike "them" trying to turn computers into toys.

• 3 months later...

I know this is not comforting but I get the same battery life.

If I use graphic intensive apps it can dive to three hours, or less.

(it seems the 15" and 13" suffer equally)

Since I use " High Sierra " and emptied my disk totally started from scratch,  it works better: faster with the touch bar and a longer battery life with the same actions.