Leica M10 support on Capture One Pro 10.2

Overgaard

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My version on Capture One (the latest), only presents M10 Generic as an option. 

Sorry, I have been away from my computer.

I believe that you are interpreting the word "Generic" incorrectly, the software is designed by British English speaking programmers. They don't mean that Generic is a "non-specific general-purpose camera setting for any camera; they mean that it is the correct setting for M10, when grading general-purpose pictures. They also offer an M10 linear, film curve simulation, and film expanded shadow detail settings. I use all of these depending on the subject and my goal for the picture.   

Sony was not in the race for the favours of Hasselblad ... ;)

Not sure what you mean here?

Phocus, the Hasselblad RAW converter will open almost anyones RAW files, Leica and Sony included, at least on a Mac, and it is free for anyone to download, I just find C1 more complete particularly in masking and having used it since V3.7 old habits.

I am aware that Capture One would not support the Leica S series as (despite the sensor size  ;) ) it was considered a competitor to the Phase One medium format backs and they have a policy of not supporting competitors products but Leica "dropped" them well before that launch, or they dropped Leica perhaps.

Edited by chris_livsey

I am a long time Capture one user as well as Adobe Camera raw/PS. I used the linear response option in Capture One for many years and found it quite good in giving my files a blank slate to start. I recently have been using my own Color checker profiles, one for outdoor (mid day sun)and one dual luminance profile for skin tones and I really love the results. The newer profiles in Adobe look pretty goood although I seem to get better Reds out of the box with a color checker profile, and for skin tones Adobe can’t beat a dual Color Checker profile. I wish Capture one would support the DNG profiles a user can create. Not a big deal as it is easy to bounce from Adobe into Capture and back.

I am a long time Capture one user as well as Adobe Camera raw/PS. I used the linear response option in Capture One for many years and found it quite good in giving my files a blank slate to start. I recently have been using my own Color checker profiles, one for outdoor (mid day sun)and one dual luminance profile for skin tones and I really love the results. The newer profiles in Adobe look pretty goood although I seem to get better Reds out of the box with a color checker profile, and for skin tones Adobe can’t beat a dual Color Checker profile. I wish Capture one would support the DNG profiles a user can create. Not a big deal as it is easy to bounce from Adobe into Capture and back.

I'm a Capture One Pro user since version 8. The current version, 11.1, handles all of my Leica and Fuji-X RAW and JPG files very well.

Fortunately, I have not been lured to medium format yet. The Leica it too expensive and the Fuji GFX is nice, but I don't need it either. I don't think that Capture One Pro will ever support competing MF systems. That is their prerogative and another reason to stick with FF or APS-C sensor systems.

Regards,

Bud James

www.budjames.photography
  • Like 1