Street photography with the Leica S007............anyone??

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Love these, especially the people walking in the rain :)

Any of them at ISO greater than 1600??

Neil

Thank you Neil, I know they are not great images, it was just a quick collection from flickr, which I have not updated for some time. None of them are more than iso 1600. To be honest I used to take my S2 and just walk outside and take pictures, and as long as I did not try to capture motion, I did not have the need to go above iso 800 and I live in London... 

I found that iso 1250 was my limit and that was better in B/W, but I have the S2, not S006 or S007

Love these, especially the people walking in the rain :)

Any of them at ISO greater than 1600??

Neil

I think the fourth image makes clear what medium format as in the S does differently from an M and that is the bo-keh in the foreground Edited by otto.f

And one last humorous  one at iso 320

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

I think the fourth image makes clear what medium format as in the S does differently from an M and that is the bo-keh in the foreground

You are right, but there is something more in the files that may not be visible in smaller sizes and it is a quality in the transitions of the tones that I really like. I also like the color from the S2, but I have not tested the S007 to see if it is the same. So for me when I got the camera many years ago (got a good deal on a second hand body) it was the combination of resolution/color/tonality that I appreciated. Now that the 35mm cameras have caught up with the resolution I do not really know how much of a difference exists to be honest. But I still love the files from the S2...

• Like 1

I'm already thinking taking my S007 to japan instead of the TL2.............how can I leave it at home after seeing shots like these??

Neil

I'm going to Japan in May next year and nobody can stop me bringing my LF Chamonix 45F-2: could be lighter than an S with lenses if I chose my LF lenses carefully. I'll do traditional Japan, temples around Kyoto etc., on LF and will be happy in the streets of modern urban Japan with my M10. Edited by otto.f

Advertisement (gone after registration)

You are right, but there is something more in the files that may not be visible in smaller sizes and it is a quality in the transitions of the tones that I really like. I also like the color from the S2, but I have not tested the S007 to see if it is the same. So for me when I got the camera many years ago (got a good deal on a second hand body) it was the combination of resolution/color/tonality that I appreciated. Now that the 35mm cameras have caught up with the resolution I do not really know how much of a difference exists to be honest. But I still love the files from the S2...

I believe you rightaway! (although I don't like the color of her hair in #39 :) )

Edited by otto.f

on a side note..Japans Battery rules for electronic devices in-flight

• Like 1

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Were cool My Leica S007 battery details are bellow. We are way under the maximum allowable........Leica T will be okay too

Neil

• Like 1

Cool..so an SL battery has around 1gram of lithium

>>>>>>>>

1. Divide the stated volts (V) on battery pack by 3.6 (or 3.7) and round to the nearest whole number.

2. Multiply the resulting number by the stated capacity in ampere-hours (Ah).

3. Then multiply that result by 0.3

Example: A lithium ion battery with 10.8 (V) and 8.8 ampere hours (or 8800 mAh).

1. 10.8 ÷ 3.6 = 3
2. 3 x 8.8 = 26.4
3.  26.4 x 0.3 = 7.92 grams of equivalent lithium content