Street photography with the Leica S007............anyone??

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

You may all be wondering why I am asking this question when I have a S007 and SL and other camera systems. Well I'm trying to get my head around going on a relatively expensive trip to Japan in November to shoot the allium colors. I know that without a doubt my Leica S007 will give me the best possible IQ that I could ever want when used with my 3 S lenses 30,70 and 120. But I also know that Japan is fantastic for street photography and in good light I think my S007 will be good maybe usable up to ISO3200.

Shooting hand held I have learnt to use a minimum of 1/500 to ovulate camera shake with any of the 3 lenses that I have and I am sure this is due to mirror slap. So when you need to shoot at 1/500 you are quickly going to need to start using ISO especially in low light situations. This is the bit that worries me with taking the Soo7 to japan. I have a new TL2 on the way to my home in KL that will be perfect for the street stuff but I don't want to take two systems with me. So its either S007 or TL2.................not both

I will try my S007 at night before I go to Japan and if I can get some usable pictures then I will take the S........if not then I guess I will have to take my TL2 and use that for both street and landscape

Neil

Does this qualify as street photography? Not a 007, but a 006.

Jesse

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by djmay
  • Like 3

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Neil, with greatest affection and with no malice intended, may I say that you give birth to the most magnificent malaprops.

Carry on, mate. And have a splendid time in Japan.

David

Stupid spell checker............its meant to say Olivia ate

Neil

• Like 1

Sorry, I forgot. ISO 100. I used ISO 100 to keep detail in the street.

Jesse

I had just started typing "not necessarily because he seems to have metered from the street outside to protect the highlights". How much do you feel you can lift the shadows with the S006?

Edited by Daedalus2000

I had just started typing "not necessarily because he seems to have metered from the street outside to protect the highlights". How much do you feel you can lift the shadows with the S006?

I increased exposure 1.9 in Lightroom. I also burned in several areas, including the window. Salt and pepper to taste.

Jesse

• Like 1

hey - easy - click on the TV type icon and then add the link. If I can do it, you can do it  :rolleyes: . Nice shots, btw.

Edited by Photon42
  • Like 1

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Sorry, I forgot. ISO 100. I used ISO 100 to keep detail in the street.

Jesse

Wow. looking at the picture and shot at 1/500 I would have swore that you would have needed 800 plus ISO................Just goes to show how much I know :)

Neil

• Like 1

I have used my S extensively but its size makes it a problem at times unless you use the 120mm or 180mm lens and keep your distance. My M is so much easier with a WA or normal lens.

Albert

Although this photo illustrates exactly the value of an S over an M

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Love these, especially the people walking in the rain :)

Any of them at ISO greater than 1600??

Neil

One more (the street was a path in the park)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Although this photo illustrates exactly the value of an S over an M

I'm already thinking taking my S007 to japan instead of the TL2.............how can I leave it at home after seeing shots like these??

Neil

• Like 2