M VF 12014

Stein K S

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi

I just found out about the Leica M optical viewfinder 12014 for 21, 24 and 28mm. With "clicks" between the three (ie not all frames visible at the same time).

I ask for some feedback if this is a good option vs fixed Leicas, CV and Zeiss options.

I have 21mm, 24mm and 28mm lenses.. and also the tiny round CV VF and the big bright Zeiss VF... but "all-in-one" could be nice... ;-)

I owned one 10-15 years ago and didn't like it at all. If I recall correctly it doesn't even use framelines but simply shows the rough field of view of the focal length you have selected. This way you lose one of the great advantages of the RF view of being able to see (at least some of) what you are leaving out when you frame a composition.

Hi and thanks to all three of you!

I guess your feedbacks makes my choice rather easy. I´ll stick with my CV and Zeiss finders. Like them both for different reasons.

The reason for my question is I just found a nice used chrome one of this 21/24/28 finder (have chrome M10 and chrome lenses ;-) and all-in-one including the 28mm frames where also somewhat tempting as the 28 frames even of the M10 are quite squeezed into the edges of the finder.

Regards, Stein